ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Help with vista business remote desktop

<< < (3/4) > >>

40hz:
How'd you make out with the firewall ? Is anything blocking your RDC on port 3389?

One other thing you might consider trying is a reinstall of SP1. That would put a clean copy of terminal services on your machine just in case something didn't install correctly.

nite_monkey:
I never installed sp1, it came installed with the OS.
I also didn't do anything with the windows firewall, because it is set to allow terminal services, but just to be sure, I am going to disable it right quick and see what happens.

edit:turning windows firewall off didn't do anything to fix it.

40hz:
I can't shake the feeling there is something going on with your Vista validation/authorization. Might be time to contact the Mothership since only they know how their anti-piracy "feature" actually works. :down:

Try this. Download and run this diagnostic:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

If you get anything strange or odd looking in the diagnostic report, and the "resolve" button doesn't fix it, web over to this support link:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinevista/threads/

Follow the instructions in the "Please Read Before Posting" announcement to submit your report for support assistance.

Alternatively, you could download Vista SP1 Stand-Alone (huge file!) and try reinstalling it, but I'd do the diagnostic thing first.

Let us know how you make out. :Thmbsup:

nite_monkey:
I didn't find anything that looked out of place with that program, and the Resolve button is grayed out, so I don't know what the deal is. I would really rather not have to reinstall sp1, but if everything else fails, I guess I could try that. :(

edit:well thats just weird! I went to the forums you posted, and I typed in that error code that I had in the event viewer, and every post that I went to, the error code was given because their copy of windows was invalid, but my computer says that it is activated, and is valid... :huh:

40hz:
I went to the forums you posted, and I typed in that error code that I had in the event viewer, and every post that I went to, the error code was given because their copy of windows was invalid, but my computer says that it is activated, and is valid... huh
--- End quote ---

The time has come, the Walrus said, to...talk to Microsoft.

The Windows activation and 'genuine advantage' process isn't flawless. Run the MGA diagnostic & see what they have to say before you go crazy. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version