topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 7:35 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: kingsoft Internet Security 6 months free  (Read 22034 times)

Davidtheo

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: kingsoft Internet Security 6 months free
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2008, 08:00 PM »

My mistake :-[

Lack of sleep = lack of brainpower

(Sorry about the hijack also :-[)

I think This hijack is a good hijack As I can inform people about KIS9s auto-protect features.  :D :D.

Davidtheo

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: kingsoft Internet Security 6 months free
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2008, 08:04 PM »
Unfortunately, it missed picking up a couple of dll's as Trojan.Vundo but then again so did 14 of the 22 virus checkers on VirusTotal.  I'm just lucky I don't have an installed browser it could pollute, (Portable Firefox only, IE has been expunged from the system).  I'm pretty sure it was there before I installed KIS9, so my previous AV didn't pick it up either.

However, the Anti-Spyware did highlight that an unknown dll was one of the Startup Items - so that pointed me in the right direction to remove a few dlls and ini files via an external LiveXP HDD.

4wd,

The development team has informed me the files you send is a virus, they are working on a fix and It should be in todays Antivirus update.