ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Photo Downloader Kiosk

<< < (4/9) > >>

NinJA999:
Wow, that's great too, Target.  A couple of things:
The polling doesn't work with my card reader, because when you remove the card, the drive itself still exists (it just says Removable Disk whatever), so your script launches the kiosk every second, which says "No images found, remove card and press OK."  Also, the thumbnails were stretched to fit the square rather than keeping the aspect ratio & whitespace.  Also, when I selected all, then none, rather than clearing the checkboxes, it made them all completely colored in.  Wow, bad word choice.  Here's non-checked: [ ], here's checked: [v], here's "colored in": [#].  When I clicked each individual checkbox, it cycled through those three settings rather than just checked/unchecked.  Finally, I'm not quite sure how to set the destination folder.  Other than that, it's great.

Target:
Wow, that's great too, Target.  A couple of things:
The polling doesn't work with my card reader, because when you remove the card, the drive itself still exists (it just says Removable Disk whatever), so your script launches the kiosk every second, which says "No images found, remove card and press OK."  Also, the thumbnails were stretched to fit the square rather than keeping the aspect ratio & whitespace.  Also, when I selected all, then none, rather than clearing the checkboxes, it made them all completely colored in.  Wow, bad word choice.  Here's non-checked: [ ], here's checked: [v], here's "colored in": [#].  When I clicked each individual checkbox, it cycled through those three settings rather than just checked/unchecked.  Finally, I'm not quite sure how to set the destination folder.  Other than that, it's great.
-NinJA999 (October 11, 2008, 03:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

hmmm, interesting, but all in all a total failure...

I thought about the aspect ratio but figured that this was just a means of getting it from the card to the HDD and not an image viewer, so it wasn't really that important (it seemed safe to assume that the individuals would already know what the images were, they just needed a means of choosing the ones they wanted)

I also wondered what would happen with your card reader - I don't have one to test with so I used a USB key.  Not sure how to get around this one...

The 'greying' of the checkboxes was supposed to indicate that an image had already been copied, I never thought about the fact that there were now 3 options when you check the boxes (DOH!), I'll have a look and see if I can amend that on a control by control basis.  Actually this isn't really that important so it could be omitted (I've amended my code)

Re the destination folder, you should get a dialog box the first time you run the polling script that lets you select a folder.  This is then stored in the ini file - you can edit the ini file by hand, or delete it and you'll be prompted again (be aware that if you delete it your folder count will be reset) 

I'm off on holdidays for the next couple of weeks so I mightn't be about, but I'll look at this and see if I can solve some of those issues - thanks for the feedback

NinJA999:
The aspect ratio just seems like a good thing -- what if a naive user thinks the kiosk is changing his photos so people are stretched? (lol)

greying
--- End quote ---
It wasn't really greying (disabling, I'm assuming you meant?), but instead of a green check it was a green box inside the checkbox.

Only one dialog popped up, and I thought that was for the folder to check, not the destination folder.  Hmm.

jakebass:
I'm new here, but looking for code for the same general purpose... Could someone give a newbie a short intro as to how I can compile this code? Thanks.

Deozaan:
Jakebass: Download and install AutoHotKey.

Then you can just right-click the .ahk file and select "Compile to exe" or something similar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version