Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 22, 2014, 03:17:18 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the Practical Guide to DonationCoder.com Forum Search Features

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: DONE: Program Closer  (Read 34352 times)
skrommel
Fastest code in the west
Developer

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2005, 07:00:47 PM »

tellme It's the doings of the Clip.exe tool. It is used to pipe command line output to the clipboard, and I save the old clipboard and reload it before every command.

I might just as well just pipe to a file and load it from there... Or learn WINAPI properly and replace the extra tools...

Skrommel

Please stop by my site at  1 Hour Software by skrommel  for downloads and more info.
Carol Haynes
Waffles for England (patent pending)
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2005, 03:36:23 AM »

Thanks - it made me chortle anyway ... and made my cats look a bit surprised at the barrage

CG
Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2006, 08:34:41 AM »

It looks like I'm bumping a year-old thread here, but I had to mention that AVG and Ewido both flag CloseMany as a nasty. AVG Anti-Virus lists it as a trojan and Ewido Anti-Spyware lists it as a keylogger. huh
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2006, 09:07:06 AM »

it seems to me that quite a few autohotkey scripts are being falsely tagged as malware by the antivirus tools, which is really annoying.

however in the case of skrommels software (like CloseMany), you really don't have to take anyone's word for it - all this scripts are available in source code form, just visit his 1 hour software page and download the autohotkey script and compile it yourself.
skrommel
Fastest code in the west
Developer

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2007, 07:50:23 PM »

smiley Just corrected a year old bug from CloseMany which caused it not to work! Try v2.4. Man, don't anyone use my programs?

Skrommel

Please stop by my site at  1 Hour Software by skrommel  for downloads and more info.
Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2008, 07:06:29 PM »

Just a head's up: New member Mikinder came into IRC today and said that AVG (8.0.100) is reporting that this program contains a worm called AutoIT.

I told him that AutoIT is a scripting language, and to my recollection it's what mouser used to batch convert all of Skrommel's AHK scripts to exes using the latest version of AHK. But I thought I should mention it here just in case I was wrong and so it wouldn't surprise anyone if we got more reports of a similar nature.

Oh yeah, and I'd also like confirmation because I'm not absolutely sure I'm right about this. So if someone could verify the file is clean and this is just another false positive, that would be great!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 08:06:45 PM by Deozaan » Logged

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2008, 08:18:59 PM »

Just a head's up: New member Mikinder came into IRC today and said that AVG (8.0.100) is reporting that this program contains a worm called AutoIT.

yes, this is a "false positive" (a fancy substitute for "false alarm" which takes the onus of proving away from AV makers) and this has been discussed before and i would like to add the info i've found on AVG Free/AHK forum regarding how to report a false positive.

Quote from: thread
Re: False positive for Autohotkey v1.0.46.08
Posted by: rdsok - Moderator (IP Logged)
Date: March 11, 2007 04:51AM

So then you need to submit it to Grisoft then...

If you suspect a file to be a false positive. Test the file at [virusscan.jotti.org] and if it is a false positive, archive (zip, arc, tar etc) the file using a password and email a copy to virus@grisoft.com with a brief description as well as the password you used to archive it with.

If it is a false positive , turn off hueristic scanning for the time being. When Grisoft adjusts the virus defintions you can turn it back on.

The help on the forum is only from other AVG Free users so we can't do anything to address it but Grisoft can.
Source(s):
http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/read.php?4,93902
http://www.autohotkey.com...rum/viewtopic.php?t=17163

Note: previously posted here: DimSaver being flagged by AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition.

mikinder
Participant

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2008, 01:16:16 AM »

Hi.
Just read (and misplaced the URL) about some others having problems with autoIt - apparently, the false positives (or whatever they are) depend on which version of the script compiler thingy you use. According to what I read, if the newest version is used there isn't supposed to be a problem.
Thot that might help.
m.
sylsodi
Participant

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2008, 09:42:07 AM »

Hi.
Command line options would be great to automate jobs.

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.053s | Server load: 0.12 ]