Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site December 20, 2014, 11:18:35 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Raptr  (Read 3044 times)
wraith808
Supporting Member

"In my dreams, I always do it right."

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: October 03, 2008, 12:55:01 PM »

http://raptr.com.  It supports a wide variety of platforms to keep up with all of your gaming- not just PC gaming...  I'm on there as wraith808 (http://raptr.com/wraith808)

edit by jgpaiva: added thumbnail
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 01:50:47 PM by jgpaiva » Logged

wreckedcarzz
Charter Member

Happy wolfie ^_^

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 05:56:17 PM »

IMO it looks like a multi-platform spin off Xfire... trying to take on LIVE, Xfire, PSHome and Steam in one. That's a bit of a load!

New website! With a fancy domain name and everything! *gasp*
http://www.wreckedcarzz.com/
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 08:14:50 PM »

My question is, how does it know what you're playing on Wii?

Lashiec

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 06:47:28 PM »

My question is, how does it know what you're playing on Wii?

I guess you must specify what you've been playing on a given time for the service to know, unlike Steam or the XBOX 360.

The idea is not new, there are a few other similar services, each one with its own take on how your gaming habits should be tracked (including one from Napster's own Shawn Fanning, which EA bought a while ago), but AFAIK all of them have flying under the radar. Raptr seems to be the most inclusive one, and most important, the one who takes the biggest advantage of the different information provided by the various systems it can track and that's some time you save from having to input the data manually. There is a good review by the folks at Ars Technica, BTW.

It's also nice it has a library of games, with info, pictures and videos of the games ala MobyGames, BUT it has a serious lack of retro systems, which is quite disappointing for me (that, and I'm too lazy to migrate data from one service to another :P)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 06:49:45 PM by Lashiec » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.031s | Server load: 0.07 ]