Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 24, 2014, 06:35:23 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2014! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Stephen King's "N." - 25 Short Videos  (Read 6980 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: October 02, 2008, 03:49:14 AM »

These are quite cool.. mysterious and ominous story and a beautifully drawn and animated comic.  All online (ad supported) for viewing.

Master storyteller Stephen King presents a revolutionary new form of entertainment: his short story “N.” brought to vibrant life through a series of 25 graphic video episodes. The original series tells the story of a psychiatrist who falls victim to the same deadly obsession as his patient—an obsession that just might save the world!

Drawn by award-wining comic book artist Alex Maleev, and colored by famed comic book colorist José Villarrubia, the episodes were adapted by Marc Guggenheim, co-creator of the ABC-TV series “Eli Stone” with creative oversight from Stephen King.

Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 10:34:49 PM »

That website is stupid. By default it plays them in reverse order. thumb down

Also, the episodes could have been merged together. Each was only about 2 minutes max and 45 seconds of that is introduction and ending credits. Besides, 25 divided by 3 is 5, which is a bad number. Wink

As for the story: I liked it. It's suspenseful. I've never read any of Stephen King's work. Do they usually end like that?

If you want a real online video/graphic novel, see if you can find Broken Saints. It rivals The Lord of the Rings Trilogy's Extended Versions time (12 hours) and is an amazing story. Unfortunately it seems the website (http://www.brokensaints.com/) no longer has the episodes up anymore...

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 10:44:13 PM »

Yes the site is messed up you have to click them one at a time as you watch them, annoying.

But damn i found the story scary and good!
J-Mac
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 03:20:29 PM »

Nice!

Betcha no one can start and then not finish all 25 videos!

Thanks!

Jim

PS - The reverse order problem is a pain!!

"I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath."
fenixproductions
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 04:29:33 PM »

It seemed to be interesting but... I can't get over 12th episode. I've tried different browsers and none of them can load anything above (and w/) 13th ep.

It is absolute record for my patience: watching 40 commercials for 20 minutes of movies. I just feel like dumbass caught by big name ;(

The last thing: I've also expected better comic. What I saw reminds me about one of the Jasc PaintShopPro filters (Pencil or Artistic?).
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 04:31:48 PM by fenixproductions » Logged

Надо было учиться, а не камни в школу бросать...
--
When I am bored I write for displaynone smiley
--
f0dder is my personal hero smiley
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 05:21:58 PM »

The narrative style and even the story (kind of) reminds me of one of the best scary video games I've ever played:

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

If you have a Gamecube or a Wii (which can play Gamecube games), do yourself a favor and find a copy of that game!

pyr8
Supporting Member

My Motto: Run Silent Run Deep

View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 01:12:42 PM »

I think I will give this a miss ............. :(a shame really its a good idea!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.035s | Server load: 0.07 ]