ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Dumb question?

(1/2) > >>

Betsy:
I'm wondering if FaRR can find and open URLs.  I didn't see anything in the help menu which explained how.
BTW, I'm new here, and I really like the software I've downloaded so far (FaRR, TicTocTitle).  This looks like a great group.

kfitting:
Yes, FindRun can open urls.... it involves alias' which are things that many people have a difficult understanding fully (well, at least I do).  Mouser answered this question in the forum, but I'm sure he'll be along in a bit to tout their benefits one more time!!  One thing that he is hoping to do with the new version coming out is get some more documentation out there.  But, until he answers the question, search the forum on the word alias.  It will get you where you need to be.

Kevin

mouser:
two different issues here..

first, F+R can search your internet explorer bookmarks and launch them; i think it sets up by default to search the favorites folder of internet explorer; if not you can add it.  if you use firefox you'll have to wait until we add searching of firefox bookmarks which is planned.

second, launching urls by typing them, is what kfitting was talking about, and yes it's very easy to do, but the current version doesn't come with any aliases built in.

download the mini alias set here: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1202.0

and youll be able to go to urls just by typing them.
the new version out this month will come with a ton of built in commands like this.

Betsy:
I went to the link you posted, but I got one of those "This page cannot be displayed" messages.  I tried several times with the same result.

mouser:
sorry, my bad - must have forgotten to move that file to the new server; it's fixed now  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version