ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Weeklies: 39

<< < (3/5) > >>

zridling:
Very nice, Ehtyar. And since your curiosities are interesting, several articles I would have passed over.

Lashiec:
Curiosity question: Why the "40" in the thread title?

Ehtyar:
Curiosity question: Why the "40" in the thread title?
-Lashiec (October 01, 2008, 12:02 PM)
--- End quote ---
It's the 40th week of the year.

Ehtyar.

4wd:
I wonder if the "Hostile Thoughts" detector will be picking up:

1) "The b@st@rds5 just confiscated my laptop!  I'm gonna kill4 them!"
2) "A bl**dy 6 hour wait just to get through customs?!"
3) "There's that idiot that kept elbowing me on the plane!  Boy is he going to get it!"
4) "Oh damn!  I'm $50 over my Duty-Free allowance..."

Considering most people's reactions, mind-state won't yet be normalised after an international flight, I really fail to see how this is going to work with any accuracy at all.

Of course, Business Class and above now get beds, decent screen/headphones and somewhere to plug in their laptop.

Whereas Cattle Class have to make do with no sound, (even if you could hear it above the background noise), screens with dead pixels/off colour/etc, the moron in front reclining his seat halfway through your meal, worry about DVT, no power for your laptop (even if there was room to use it), etc, etc.

So in that case, it will probably be running with really good accuracy.......god1 knows I've wanted to kill4 the b@st@rd5 sitting in front of me often enough...and the little sh!t sitting behind me who keeps kicking the seat :)

1 - Disclaimer: In no way is this meant to imply anything religious on my part.  And I'm sure that if he wasn't fictitious2 he would not condone the use of force to reinforce your point of view.
2 - Disclaimer: In no way is this meant to imply that god is fictitious...unless you're an atheist3.
3 - Disclaimer: If you are an atheist, then I in no way imply anything religious in this post at all
4 - Disclaimer: I mean this in the most generic sense.
5 - Disclaimer: The word 'bastard' is an accepted Australian colloquialism as ruled by an Australian Court of Law....live with it.
6 - Disclaimer: Everything I've said here needs to be taken with half a teaspoon of salt, two cups of self-raising flour, 11/4 cup of milk, 2 teaspoons of sugar, 2 teaspoons of butter.  Mixed then baked.
7 - Disclaimer: If you're really going to take everything I say or do seriously then I honestly don't think you should read my posts.

housetier:
4wd: what are you talking about? It makes no sense to me. No sense at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version