ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Warning. XP service pack 3 hosed my mouse settings.

(1/1)

urlwolf:
Warning. XP service pack 3 hosed my mouse settings.
I have a logitech MX610 and aIBM ultranav keyboard with mousepad. They seem to be conflicting, and both companies ignore each other.

When  I try to open the mouse settings by control panel > mouse I get:

Then:

Do you have any idea how to fix this? in a 1920 x 1200 screen the default mouse speed is too slow. I'm struggling here :)

cmpm:
Uninstall them both then reinstall after a boot.

You can get the drivers and software from the sites of the companies.

With the drivers and software uninstalled, they should be running with standard issue windows drivers.

urlwolf:
Thanks, solved.
I'll just use no drivers at all.

lanux128:
thanks for the warning. i have a logitech mx518 on a PC still on SP2.

4wd:
thanks for the warning. i have a logitech mx518 on a PC still on SP2.
-lanux128 (September 27, 2008, 04:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

MX518 here also.

The latest SetPoint 4.60.122 + XP-SP3 are working fine here, however I did find that uberOptions seemed to cause SetPoint to lockup and then BSOD.  I haven't had a chance to reinstall uberOptions yet to try and get it to work again.

But then I always integrate the SP into XP using nlite, remove the bits I don't want and add the drivers I do.  Then do a complete reinstall.

Personally I recommend doing a complete reinstall, (preferably with the new SP slipstreamed in), rather than just applying an SP over an existing installation.....if nothing else, it will get you to do a backup of all your data ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version