topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 11:32 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: CLIPBOARD HELP+SPELL LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - v2.46.0 - Dec 30, 2019  (Read 465812 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
minor update to fix a few bugs.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
version 1.17.02 adds new custom Time/Date clips to the quick pop-up menu:
Screenshot - 10_21_2007 , 3_48_20 AM.png
Screenshot - 10_21_2007 , 3_50_21 AM.png

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
To all users,

Please report any new bugs in a NEW THREAD in the Clipboard Help + Spell Forum and we will add them to the Clipboard Help & Spell - Official Bug Tracking Thread. If you see one we missed, post a new thread about it and we will begin tracking it.

Thanks,

Josh

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Mostly minor update for compatibility issues, but i also solved a rare cpu usage bug.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I've posted a new beta (1.23.01) with some improvements.

I expect to post another update in a day or two so you might as well wait unless you see something compelling in the version history or you want to help test.

The next update should have some advanced hotkey features, and i'll try to get the quick add note working, as well as another cool idea i had.

-mouser
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 03:44 PM by mouser »

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
mouser, why not put the changelog in the current post as well in addition to the OP? :)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
good idea lanux, i will start doing this.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
v1.24.01 - February 28th, 2009
  • Escape key in search filter edit box now clears it and lets you type a new search string.
  • Implemented quick manual add note feature (default hotkey = ctrl+alt+A)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Recommended Update:

v1.27.01 - Oct 24th, 2009
  • [BugFix] Sometimes CHS would not paste into last active window.
  • [MinorFeature] Improved option to autorepair DB on startup.
  • [Feature] Added text-export command in File menu.
  • [Feature] Icon changes/flashes during clipboard capture to help visually show that a clip has been captured.

Notable in this release is a fix of long-time bug that caused CHS to sometimes fail to paste into the active application, and a new Export function that will save the currently visible clips to a text file -- useful for backing up your favorite clips in case of emergency, etc.

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
[BugFix] Sometimes CHS would not paste into last active window. (...)

Notable in this release is a fix of long-time bug that caused CHS to sometimes fail to paste into the active application (...)
:up: Thanks, mouser.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
mintor update

v1.29.01 beta - Apr 24th, 2010
  • [BugFix] Attempting to fix long-standing but rare bug that caused a database error message and caused CHS to stop functioning until database was reset.
  • [MinorFeature] New option when merging clips to do so in reverse order.
  • [BugFix] On startup CHS was sometimes creating an initial clip with wrong text; now clips what's in clipboard at startup.
  • [MinorFeature] Added option to hide cliptext when showing clip titles (useful for favorites)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
v1.40.01 -  May 28th, 2010
  • [MajorFeature] You can now specify hotkeys in formatting presets and in groups; triggering a formatter hotkey will instantly apply that formatter; triggering a group hotkey will show the clips from that group in a popup menu (you can assign the same hotkey to multiple groups -- all matching group contents will be shown).
  • [BugFix] On first show sometimes the clip text memo was not showing the currently selected clip contents.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
v1.44.01 -  Dec 2nd, 2010
  • [Feature] Now includes minimal built-in update checking even if DcUpdater tool not installed.
  • [BugFix] Using {sendkeys} method was not handling shift properly.
  • [Feature] Hold Ctrl+Shift while selecting an item in quick paste menu to move that item to your Favorites group.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I've just put up a new release with a LOT of new features and fixes and tweaks.
I'm making it a beta since there are some things here that could turn out to need to be rolled back.

And if you have important permanent notes in your clip data file you may want to do a "File->Backup Database Now" before upgrading.

List of changes:

v1.45.01 - Mar 7th, 2011
  • [BugFix] Favorite items were not getting automatic numeric prefixes in the quick pop-up menu if shown on root of it (and are now shown above date/time formats).
  • [Feature] Added sorting option for formatting tool.
  • [Feature] Added remove duplicate lines to formatting tool
  • [Feature] Added ability to number lines (prefix/suffix box in formatting tool)
  • [MajorFeature] You can now set custom ordering for popup menus and set ordering for individual clip items. NOTE TO UPGRADERS: You need to edit your favorites and quickpaste groups and specify "Ordering,CreationDateTime" for the custom sql ordering of these groups (no quotes).  And you may need to enable the "Ordering" column in your grid view.
  • [MinorFeature] Removed minimize button on main form (since Close button minimizes)
  • [BugFix] The IsInRecycleBin special sql field was not enclosed in () and so virtual folders sometimes included recycle bin contents; updated sample url virtual filter to exclude reyclebin items.
  • [Feature] Right-click on a group you can now delete all clips in the group (works on recursive clips and virtual folders).
  • [Feature] Added options for dupe-checking new clips and either ignoring, adding, or updating date of previous clip (and position in menus).
  • [Feature] New option to capture the URL source of a clip; show the Notes field in your clips to see it; right click menu for clip items includes "visit url" if appropriate.
  • [MajorFeature] New stack system for queuing up chains of clips to paste in a FIFO order.
  • [MajorFeature] New clip menu (hold shift while selecting a clip to show); lets you print, delete, favorite, or mark as stack start any clip in quick popup.
  • [Feature] Hotkeys can use Windows modifier.
  • [BugFix] Pasting was always simulating CtrlKey Up when sending Ctrl+V and Ctrl+C, which could make it hard to repeatedly invoke certain hotkey pastes in a row; hopefully this fix doesnt cause simulated modifier keydown states.
  • [BugFix] One rare occasions CHS could copy the text it just pasted as a new clip.
  • [Change] Selecting clips from the tray menu now no longer tries to paste them in last active window -- it just copies them to clipboard.
  • [BugFix] The new clip action menu (shift+slick on clip in menu) was not working for tray icon menu.
  • [BugFix] Quick paste popup could occasionally show on wrong monitor (hopefully fixed)
  • [Change] First clip on clipboard is now not grabbed on program startup.
  • Upgraders please see this note

Note: Some of the new things are not enabled by default, or won't be enabled by default for upgraders, such as the feature to copy web url when capturing from a browser; see notes above and this note.

Look forward to hearing some beta tester reports --they would be much appreciated.
My plan is to make some CHS videos in the next day.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 12:33 PM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have made the first overview video of CHS.. Despite my best intentions it ran to 15 minutes long.

The video is: here.

Screenshot - 3_7_2011 , 12_39_00 PM_thumb.png

Next I will be making some more videos focusing in on how to get the most out of the program and perform specific functions.

bob99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

Thanks for taking the time to do the video.  :Thmbsup:
Helped me see I should be using CHS more.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
New update:

v1.47.01 -  Mar 19th, 2011
  • [MinorFeature] Checkbox to choose whether sound plays on pasting clipboard
  • [MinorFeature] Default sorting for all groups when doing pop up paste menus (for example triggering hotkey menu is now "Ordering,CreationDateTime" though it can be overridden in group properties).
  • [MinorFeature] Added option for maximum excerpt length in quick paste popup menus.
  • [Feature] Added custom formatter dialog invocation option from quick paste formatter menu.
  • [Feature] New option to show preview of next clip on stack in system tray balloon message after popping item from stack.
  • [BugFix] Formatting options for wrapping had a bug where it was wrapping lines with no spaces off by one.
  • [MinorFeature] New formatting option to wrap lines at fixed column position and ignore work boundaries.
  • [MinorImprovement] You can now set hotkeys that are just Win+Key.
  • [MinorImprovement] Regex errors in formatting dialog no longer pop-up, they are shown in statusbar with beep.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 01:52 PM by mouser »

smaragdus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Nice work, Mouser. Just a question- here the announced new version of Clipboard Help+Spell is 1.47.01, but when I installed it, it says 1.47.02. Is this a miner bug-fix version?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
correct, that happens when i upload a new minor release but deem it to insignificant to announce.

smaragdus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks for your immediate response and excuse me for my typing error. I was using Clipboard Help+Spell version 1.44.01 and now I am very happy to find that in this new release I can select all saved clipboard entries and delete them, many thanks for implementing this great feature!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
v2.03.01 - August 2, 2011
  • [MinorFeature] Rearranged options to add more info to some.
  • [BugFix] Window watching timer was left running until restart if disabled from options.
  • [BugFix] Temporary database files were not being stored in configdfir/database/temp directory; useful for excluding from antivirus engines to avoid locked file issue; now files are put in \temp subdirectory for easier cleaning.
  • [MinorFeature] Added help file note on dealing with locked dbisam database error which could occur because of antivirus program.
  • [BugFix] Was not saving the page url with clips when using opera.
  • [BugFix] Statusbar text was black even in custom display themes when it shouldn't be.
  • [BugFix] Metafile error could occur if metafile format could not be converted; added option to ignore metafile images.
  • [Feature] Added custom date/time prefix/suffix in formatter dialog.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Mouser, please, for text clips, is there any way to automatically name the clips according to the first line of clip text?  I've tried a few of the options (not all) and can't seem to find that one.

Thanks...

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
i wonder why no one has requested that before.. sure that's easy enough to do.

though note that another way to look at your request is to say that you can just ignore the title field (and event hide it from display if you like), and just look at the excerpt field, which you can show in quick paste menu and show in the grid, etc.

so i'm happy to add it, but if you are desperate for it, might it be the case that you aren't sure how to have the excerpt column do the job you want it to do?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Minor update:
v2.04.01 - August 6, 2011
  • [MinorFeature] New hotkey that can be used to sent a Ctrl+C and copy the text to CHS storage even when clipboard monitoring is disabled; this gives you a way to use all of the CHS features but not have it capture text automatically on normal Ctrl+C, but only when you explicitly say to.
  • [BugFix] The clipboard monitor disable checkbox was not working properly.
  • [MinorFeature] Added %shortexcerpt% to clip title replacement fields.

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Idea for a feature, how about a new name? CodyClips?