ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CLIPBOARD HELP+SPELL LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - v2.46.0 - Dec 30, 2019

<< < (54/76) > >>

mouser:
Unofficial update:

v2.33.0 - Nov 13, 2014
[BugFix] Try#2 at fixing bug when using "paste clip using sendkeys" from right-click menu, the SendKeys special characters were being replace (see here); now you need to start a clip with {sendkeys} if you expect to have such replacements performed.

To explain: There are some console tools (putty, telnet) where if you want to paste some text (like login password), you cannot use Ctrl+V, and CHS must simulate typing keys (you can access this feature by right-clicking on quick paste menu item).  The sendkey simulation code is capable of simulating special keys (like control keys, etc.) using special syntax, but this special syntax made it do weird things if you are trying to paste text with characters like "!+{" in it.  So the new routine when using the senkeys method ignores such special characters by default.

smaragdus:
@mouser
Many thanks for the detailed information you provided. But what means unofficial update- version 2.33.0 is a Beta or a stable release?

mouser:
It just means its the official current release but i didn't bother to update website or updater since 99.999% of people have no need for the fix and i hate to bug people with updater notifications so soon after previous release.  I'll make it official in a bit.

smaragdus:
I got it, thanks. I posted here because of the version number discrepancy at download page and inside program's About menu (I supposed it might be an unintentional omission).

IainB:
Looks like a logic error in the newish CHS feature for Virtual Folders:
I hadn't needed to use it previously and was just now (2015-11-22) looking to see where in CHS the "new item in the right-click grid menu to help you to make a new VIRTUAL FOLDER group with just the searched for clips":
And don't forget you can also use the quick search box at the top to filter the clips you want and then drag and drop them into a different group.
In fact you've given me a good great idea to make a new item in the right-click grid menu to help you to make a new VIRTUAL FOLDER group with just the searched for clips -- i think that will help people use the virtual folder idea.  Working on that now..
-mouser (October 05, 2014, 10:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

I did a search in my clips for "H G Wells" and several clips were displayed in the search results. I then selected them with the cursor, and used the menu to create an SQL VF (Virtual Folder) for them, based on the search, but the result had an error in the SQL, as below (see red error message at foot of image):
"Error X19: DBISAM Engine Error # 10051 Filter error for the table 'ClipTabIe' - Expected expression but instead found ) in filter expression at line I, column 1026 (Hint: check virtual group sql)"

The text of the SQL is:
(Lower(ClipText) LIKE '%h%' OR Lower(Title) LIKE '%h%' OR Lower(Application) LIKE '%h%' OR Lower(Description) LIKE '%h%' OR Lower(UserKeywords) LIKE '%h%') AND (Lower(ClipText) LIKE '%g%' OR Lower(Title) LIKE '%g%' OR Lower(Application) LIKE '%g%' OR Lower(Description) LIKE '%g%' OR Lower(UserKeywords) LIKE '%g%') AND (Lower(ClipText) LIKE '%wells%' OR Lower(Title) LIKE '%wells%' OR Lower(Application) LIKE '%wells%' OR Lower(Description) LIKE '%wells%' OR Lower(UserKeywords) LIKE '%wells%') AND

--- End quote ---

Removing the last "AND" in the SQL fixes the error.
This error was repeatable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version