topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:54 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: CLIPBOARD HELP+SPELL LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - v2.46.0 - Dec 30, 2019  (Read 467036 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
v2.29.0 - Apr 28, 2015
  • [Feature] Added option (tweaks tab) to not obey programs (like password utilities) that put stuff on the clipboard and mark it as to-be-ignored by clipboard tools.
  • [Feature] Added option (tweaks tab) to go to TOP of grid list when selecting new group; improvement to keeping selected row visible and focused when adding new clips.
  • [Feature] Added option to control frequency of automatic clipboard re-establishment.
  • [Feature] Added hotkeys to print the last clip, and to re-establish clipboard chain.
  • [Feature] Added new sorting/ordering option to the text modification/transformation dialog to reverse the order of lines.
  • [Feature] Added new sorting/ordering option to the text modification/transformation dialog to randomize the order of lines.
  • [Documentation] Added better help to clipboard re-establishment options.
  • [Documentation] Added better help for those who encounter Database Error 11013.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 11:57 PM by mouser »

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
On 2015-05-09 using CHS v2.29.0, I got a spurious error:
Access violation at address 0080DF94 in module
'ClipboardHeIpAndSpeII.exe'. Read of address 00000008.

I was busy editing notes in CHS at the time.
The error did not stop the CHS process, but I closed CHS down and restarted it anyway, just in case, and then got CHS to Verify, Repair, Optimize database .

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: CLIPBOARD HELP+SPELL LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - v2.31.0 - Sep 15, 2015
« Reply #252 on: September 13, 2015, 03:00 PM »
v2.31.0 Beta - Sep 15, 2015
  • [BugFix] Small font sizes and display anomalies when using font/dpi options in Windows.
  • [BugFix] A couple of formatting preset options were not being remembered when saved to modification preset files.
  • [BugFix] Options to display clip date when pasting were showing wrong dates (note that it will always show the creation date not last modification date).

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: CLIPBOARD HELP+SPELL LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - v2.31.0 - Sep 15, 2015
« Reply #253 on: September 14, 2015, 03:22 AM »
@mouser: Just installed this. Thanks.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
New beta up, would appreciate feedback:

v2.32.0 - Nov 1, 2015
  • [BugFix] Manually created notes were forcing the clip naming template in options to be replaced with "Note" (!)
  • [BugFix] Small font sizes and display anomalies when using font/dpi options in Windows.
  • [BugFix] Attempt to fix occasional altkey being seen as down if using ctrl+alt+V hotkey to paste stack items.
  • [BugFix] When using "paste clip using sendkeys" from right-click menu, the SendKeys special characters were being replace (see here); now you need to start a clip with {sendkeys} if you expect to have such replacements performed.
  • [BugFix] The Ctrl+F hotkey to go to search field, as well as default behavior of jumping to search field when toggling display was broken; this could even sometimes lead to program becoming unresponsive.
  • [BugFix] Ctrl+F hotkey to go to search field now also works when editing clip.
  • [BugFix] It was not possible to edit clips when a search filter string was specified.
  • [Improvement] Changing text in search field will now preserve the currently selected row as long as it matches the ongoing search.
  • [BugFix] A couple of formatting preset options were not being remembered when saved to modification preset files.
  • [BugFix] Options to display clip date when pasting were showing wrong dates (note that it will always show the creation date not last modification date).

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
@mouser: Just installed ClipboardHelpAndSpellSetup (v2.32.0 beta 2015-11-01).
Thanks for the changes/fixes.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I'd like to release a new official update if no one finds any new bugs with the beta.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Feedback on CHS v2.32.0 Beta:
1. Editing a filtered (Ctrl+F) text clip had been a real problem. This now works just fine (I typed up the text of this DCF comment in such a clip). Thankyou!    :Thmbsup:

2. During the editing, I moved back and forth between some clips in the filtered view, copying from them and pasting into the clip being edited. This would be realistic because it is what I would typically want to do in adding to or building a new text note in CHS, and it was not really workable before. It seemed to work OK, but then CHS seemed to stop and then displayed one of the copied clips (like it was slowly moving through the clips), then back to the one I was editing, and then Windows Explorer crashed, but CHS was apparently OK, but VERY slow to display again on screen at first.
When Explorer had restarted, I continued and repeated the exercise, but was unable to repeat the crash, so I don't know whether the crash was related to CHS.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: CLIPBOARD HELP+SPELL LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - v2.32.0 - Nov 1, 2015
« Reply #258 on: November 06, 2015, 06:18 AM »
v2.32.0 is now official.

aarontx

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #259 on: November 06, 2015, 07:17 AM »
I unzip the portable download to my app folder and upon launching I continuously get the message that there is a new version available.  It is still only showing v2.29.0.

Is it possible the install executable has been updated but not the portable zip download?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #260 on: November 06, 2015, 07:29 AM »
Thank you aarontx for the fast report!
It seems I uploaded the new version to the beta directory instead of the main directory(!)

I've reuploaded now to the proper directory -- please redownload and try now.

Dogtamer

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2014
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #261 on: November 06, 2015, 08:02 AM »
It seems I uploaded the new version to the beta directory instead of the main directory(!)

Was still finding v. 2.29 download is invoked by the "or get the portable zip" download link @ the index pg (https://www.donation...pandspell/index.html) when began writing this, but decided to try download one more time - voila!  Thanks, mouser, for producing such a eminently-useful product!

PS- later addition:
Just realized my donation from 28Apr15 had not been activated due to my lack of following simple directions; activated today & directed total available to your acct.  Sorry this took so long!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 08:16 AM by Dogtamer »

aarontx

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #262 on: November 09, 2015, 07:44 AM »

Thanks mouser for the quick update to the code!  This is one of my most used utilitie apps and has saved my butt so many times.  I copy tons of code that I am writing, sometimes before I get the opportunity to save and this has allowed me to go back in time to revert to old, unsaved code, or even to an older version that I didn't save or put in source control.

Thanks for this FANTASTIC app!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #263 on: November 09, 2015, 07:59 AM »
aww, thanks  :Thmbsup:

smaragdus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #264 on: November 15, 2015, 05:35 PM »
@mouser
Hello,
The download page says its version 2.32.0 while it is actually 2.33.0. I couldn't find a change log for this version.
Regards

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #265 on: November 15, 2015, 05:40 PM »
Unofficial update:

v2.33.0 - Nov 13, 2014
[BugFix] Try#2 at fixing bug when using "paste clip using sendkeys" from right-click menu, the SendKeys special characters were being replace (see here); now you need to start a clip with {sendkeys} if you expect to have such replacements performed.

To explain: There are some console tools (putty, telnet) where if you want to paste some text (like login password), you cannot use Ctrl+V, and CHS must simulate typing keys (you can access this feature by right-clicking on quick paste menu item).  The sendkey simulation code is capable of simulating special keys (like control keys, etc.) using special syntax, but this special syntax made it do weird things if you are trying to paste text with characters like "!+{" in it.  So the new routine when using the senkeys method ignores such special characters by default.

smaragdus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #266 on: November 15, 2015, 05:47 PM »
@mouser
Many thanks for the detailed information you provided. But what means unofficial update- version 2.33.0 is a Beta or a stable release?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #267 on: November 15, 2015, 06:03 PM »
It just means its the official current release but i didn't bother to update website or updater since 99.999% of people have no need for the fix and i hate to bug people with updater notifications so soon after previous release.  I'll make it official in a bit.

smaragdus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #268 on: November 15, 2015, 06:14 PM »
I got it, thanks. I posted here because of the version number discrepancy at download page and inside program's About menu (I supposed it might be an unintentional omission).

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #269 on: November 21, 2015, 08:14 AM »
Looks like a logic error in the newish CHS feature for Virtual Folders:
I hadn't needed to use it previously and was just now (2015-11-22) looking to see where in CHS the "new item in the right-click grid menu to help you to make a new VIRTUAL FOLDER group with just the searched for clips":
And don't forget you can also use the quick search box at the top to filter the clips you want and then drag and drop them into a different group.
In fact you've given me a good great idea to make a new item in the right-click grid menu to help you to make a new VIRTUAL FOLDER group with just the searched for clips -- i think that will help people use the virtual folder idea.  Working on that now..

I did a search in my clips for "H G Wells" and several clips were displayed in the search results. I then selected them with the cursor, and used the menu to create an SQL VF (Virtual Folder) for them, based on the search, but the result had an error in the SQL, as below (see red error message at foot of image):
"Error X19: DBISAM Engine Error # 10051 Filter error for the table 'ClipTabIe' - Expected expression but instead found ) in filter expression at line I, column 1026 (Hint: check virtual group sql)"

CHS - new Create Virtual Folder option SQL error 2015-11-22.png

The text of the SQL is:
(Lower(ClipText) LIKE '%h%' OR Lower(Title) LIKE '%h%' OR Lower(Application) LIKE '%h%' OR Lower(Description) LIKE '%h%' OR Lower(UserKeywords) LIKE '%h%') AND (Lower(ClipText) LIKE '%g%' OR Lower(Title) LIKE '%g%' OR Lower(Application) LIKE '%g%' OR Lower(Description) LIKE '%g%' OR Lower(UserKeywords) LIKE '%g%') AND (Lower(ClipText) LIKE '%wells%' OR Lower(Title) LIKE '%wells%' OR Lower(Application) LIKE '%wells%' OR Lower(Description) LIKE '%wells%' OR Lower(UserKeywords) LIKE '%wells%') AND

Removing the last "AND" in the SQL fixes the error.
This error was repeatable.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #270 on: November 21, 2015, 08:17 AM »
thx very much for report, i will fix in next release.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #271 on: November 21, 2015, 09:01 AM »
    In the process of repeating the error described above, I discovered that:
    • A. There needs to be at least one additional option to the menu for deletions of groups/folders:
      For example, there are currently two options in the menu:
      • Delete this group: moves the selected group and ALL of its contents, to the recycle bin.
      • Delete all clips in this group: moves ALL of the contents of the selected group to the recycle bin, leaving the group name and definition intact.

Since these are logical groups (not actual folders), there needs to be one additional option:
      Delete the selected group name only: leaving ALL of the contents of the selected group intact in the CHS database.
      Not having that additional option left me a bit hamstrung when it came to deleting the error group and recreating it. I had to fiddle about with tediously deleting the whole group and its contents, and then restoring the contents thus deleted, to the CHS database.

• B.There needs to be more flexibility in the favourites/Virtual Folder sorting functionality.
      For example, Virtual Folders are apparently(?) sort-able by default only into ID# order.
      An option to sort them into (say) alphabetic (or other) order would probably be needed by most users (and certainly by me).
      I recall noting this sorting feature discrepancy ages ago, but probably I never mentioned it as I figured I might have been the only user who had observed/needed it. However, now that the powerful VF feature has been made less arcane to use, new users of VF will come in and likely will be frustrated by the annoying lack of sorting flexibility.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 09:08 AM by IainB »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: CLIPBOARD HELP+SPELL LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - v2.34.0 - Jan 4, 2016
« Reply #272 on: January 04, 2016, 02:21 AM »
Minor update:

v2.34.0 - Jan 4, 2016
  • [BugFix] The quick-paste popup menu width was being shown too wide sometimes (due to the "Additional acctions with current clip" menu item).
  • [BugFix] Try#2 at fixing bug when using "paste clip using sendkeys" from right-click menu, the SendKeys special characters were being replace (see here); now you need to start a clip with {sendkeys} if you expect to have such replacements performed.

smaragdus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #273 on: January 04, 2016, 04:31 AM »
@mouser
First- happy new year and best wishes!
The latest version shows wrong version number- 2.33.0.
Regards

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #274 on: January 04, 2016, 04:38 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up, you are correct, fixing.