ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CLIPBOARD HELP+SPELL LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - v2.46.0 - Dec 30, 2019

<< < (42/76) > >>

IainB:
@Mouser: Many thanks for those changes. Though they weren't fixing any show-stoppers, I've needed some of those changes for a while - in terms of priority, they come under "Nice-to-have", or maybe "Highly desirable", for me.

There is one niggly annoyance I find with CHS and which has persisted across migration from XP to Win7 to Win8/8.1: the recent clips from the top of the popup Quick Paste Menu (Ctrl+Alt+Q) simply disappear, and you are left with just one or two default items in that list. Is there any way to control this behaviour?

There are also two unexplained problems I have which seem to be CHS-related:
1. After copying some rich text+images from (say) a webpage to Clipboard, when pasting rich text contents, only the bare unformatted text gets pasted. I have to copy the source material twice (in succession) to be able to paste all the RTF content. This is repeatable whether pasting into MS Word or MS OneNote.

2. When pasting such twice-copied RTF content into OneNote, the result is a sort of "smart" paste - the RTF content is pasted correctly, and is followed by a reference string containing the source URL. For example:
"From <https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=36936.new#new>"
However, when pasting such twice-copied RTF content into Word, the content is pasted correctly, but is not followed by any reference string containing the source URL.

In CHS, I use:

* Ctrl+C - Copy.
* Ctrl+V - Paste just the text contents from Clipboard. (Modified by an AHK script.)
* Ctrl+Shift+V - Paste rich text contents from Clipboard. (Modified by an AHK script.)
Ideally, I'd like the RTF Paste into Word to be "smart" - to include the same reference string (URL) as per OneNote - but I'm not sure how to control this.
I know the URL and other source reference data are in the Clipboard, and I know there's a switch in CHS to set some of this ON in a paste template, but the latter would seem clunky for what I am after.
If anyone could help to throw some light on workarounds to control these dynamically, I'd be grateful.

mouser:
There is one niggly annoyance I find with CHS and which has persisted across migration from XP to Win7 to Win8/8.1: the recent clips from the top of the popup Quick Paste Menu (Ctrl+Alt+Q) simply disappear, and you are left with just one or two default items in that list. Is there any way to control this behaviour?
--- End quote ---

You are seeing the default behavior of CHS, which is to only show on that menu recent clips from the last few days.
You can find instructions on changing that in this post: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=4134.msg357920#msg357920

mouser:
Ideally, I'd like the RTF Paste into Word to be "smart"
--- End quote ---
The RTF paste is a current limitation of CHS -- in that it only stores text and images, and not more elaborate clipboard datatypes.  That is on my todo list to improve.

IainB:
Ideally, I'd like the RTF Paste into Word to be "smart"
--- End quote ---
The RTF paste is a current limitation of CHS -- in that it only stores text and images, and not more elaborate clipboard datatypes.  That is on my todo list to improve.
-mouser (July 16, 2014, 05:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, that was what I thought, but I could not figure out how come the "smart" paste works into OneNote but not into Word. Are not both pastes being made by CHS? Maybe I misunderstand how it works.

IainB:
--- End quote ---

You are seeing the default behavior of CHS, which is to only show on that menu recent clips from the last few days.
You can find instructions on changing that in this post: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=4134.msg357920#msg357920
-mouser (July 16, 2014, 05:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Got it. Very simple once it's pointed out. Many thanks:
To change the default behavior that only shows recent clips on the quick paste pop-up menu, it's a bit trickier -- unnecessarily complex i would agree: On the menu window right click on the "Quick Paste" group, and choose "Edit this Group", then in the box next to SQL, you can DELETE the phrase "AND CreationDateTime > DateTimeMinusOneDay" or perhaps change it to "AND CreationDateTime > DateTimeMinusThirtyDays"
-mouser (June 23, 2014, 09:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Mine had been set (I guess as the default) to "=DateTimeMinusOneHour".
I changed it to "=DateTimeMinusThreeDays". I shall see how that goes.
It reminded me that CHS has got some pretty nifty features buried away in the back room.   :Thmbsup:
I must explore it some more...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version