ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CLIPBOARD HELP+SPELL LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - v2.46.0 - Dec 30, 2019

<< < (36/76) > >>

mouser:
If you just paste through CHS without using template, does it paste with proper newlines or the \n problem?
--- End quote ---

forgive me for belaboring these questions it's just im staring at the code and i am having a hell of a time seeing how the template pasting is changing newlines when normal pasting isn't, so i have to make sure we are really comparing apples to apples and i need to make sure you aren't just seeing that Ctrl+V works but template paste doesn't.

can you make sure that even if the item is say the 3rd one down in your ctrl+alt+q quick paste menu, that the newlines paste properly if you trigger the pasting of item 3 from the quick paste menu (by hitting ctrl+alt+q and then hitting 3) but fails if you trigger it from the menu asking to paste via template?

mouser:
Ok wait, stop the presses.

I see now your template has both %ExcerptText% and %CllipText% in it.
And you may be seeing that %ClipText% is fine and has the proper newlines.
And that it is only the EXCERPT that has the \n in it.

If *that* is what you are saying (or seeing), then that is by design.  The excerpt is meant to be a short one line thing.  %ClipText% is the actual text of the clip properly formatted with newlines.

rjbull:
can you make sure that even if the item is say the 3rd one down in your ctrl+alt+q quick paste menu, that the newlines paste properly if you trigger the pasting of item 3 from the quick paste menu (by hitting ctrl+alt+q and then hitting 3) but fails if you trigger it from the menu asking to paste via template?-mouser (August 29, 2013, 04:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
I used the 8th one down because that was a Web clip, whereas the more recent ones were text editor.  Yes, Ctrl+Alt+Q, 8, pastes normally; but Ctrl+Alt+Q, cursor to 8, Shift+Click, choose my template, pastes with \n.  But I've just realised something I should have seen before - this only happens with the title line.  That is, normal paste gives this:

Benjamin Black

A pseudonym used by
John Banville
Search Authors

Search Books

About Benjamin Black

But using my template gives this:
Benjamin Black\n\nA pseudonym used by\nJohn Banville\nSearch Authors\n\nSearch Books\n\n \nAbout Ben

URL: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/b/benjamin-black/
[ Web site visited 2013-08-29 ]

Benjamin Black

A pseudonym used by
John Banville
Search Authors

Search Books

About Benjamin Black

(this is part of the FantasticFiction record at http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/b/benjamin-black/)

The rest of the text pastes normally.

mouser:
Ok so that now makes sense. The %ClipText% is replacing with the full text and proper newlines.  The %ClipExcerpt% is abbreviated version all on one line with \n where the newlines would otherwise be.

That is by design.  It seems like what you want is to simply remove the %ClipExcerpt% line from your template!

rjbull:
I see now your template has both %ExcerptText% and %CllipText% in it.
And you may be seeing that %ClipText% is fine and has the proper newlines.
And that it is only the EXCERPT that has the \n in it.

If *that* is what you are saying (or seeing), then that is by design.  The excerpt is meant to be a short one line thing.  %ClipText% is the actual text of the clip properly formatted with newlines.
-mouser (August 29, 2013, 04:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, that does seem to be what I'm seeing.  It looks like I'd better replace %ExcerptText% with %WindowTitle% as being closer to what I wanted.  What I was trying for was the first line of the clip without the app title, to be used as the heading for what gets pasted.

I presume that's why I'm seeing \n and \t in the popups, because they're excerpts?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version