ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CLIPBOARD HELP+SPELL LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - v2.46.0 - Dec 30, 2019

<< < (47/76) > >>

dcwul62:
Ah!

Many thanks Mouser, that solved it.
Also many thanks for the quick reply.

ps  : yes, I am indeed using the portable version

Armando:
Can DCUpdater detect CH+S original "installation" folder, even if CH+S is used in "portable mode" ? Just asking as -- without noticing -- I let DCUpdater install a separate instance of CH+S. Uninstalled it right after, of course.

I might have missed something: to update the portable "version", should I just download it and unpack it in the folder where it resides ? Or should I use the updater and just change the installation folder path?

(No rush)

mouser:
Can DCUpdater detect CH+S original "installation" folder, even if CH+S is used in "portable mode" ?
--- End quote ---

No; DCUpdater can *not* be used for portable installs.

Armando:
Thanks mouser. Of course, that's what I thought. Strangely though, DCUpdater offered to update CH+S which is in portable mode.I don't know how that happened.

At that point, I didn't remember my CH+S install was portable, so I agreed to update... but I quickly remembered when the newly CH+S started with an empty DB (as there was now 2 CH+S installed). A first "Oh my... what happened" followed by "hmmm... maybe it just installed a new version somewhere else".

mouser:
Ah.. yes I hadn't anticipated the use of DcUpdater in portable installs.  I'm going to have to cogitate on this one a bit.. The best advice for now is to uninstall DcUpdater if you are using portable installs.  The new versions of my tools don't need DcUpdater to check for updates, they will check and report when updates are available even without it.  The only thing DcUpdater really buys you is that it will automatically download and run the new installer, wheras without it you are just taking to the website.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version