topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 9:50 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: CLIPBOARD HELP+SPELL LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - v2.46.0 - Dec 30, 2019  (Read 465785 times)

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: CLIPBOARD HELP+SPELL LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - v2.23.01 - Nov 22, 2013
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2011, 02:58 AM »
@mouser: CHS v2.06.01: I tried installing this this 3 times via DCupdater. Each time it seemed to go OK, but when I run CHS it's apparently v1.19.01 that has been installed and it runs with an error on Ctrl+Alt+A:
---------------------------
Error..
---------------------------
Invalid docking layout stream version
Just to be sure, I deleted the .exe and reinstalled it via DCupdater, and again it's apparently v1.19.01 that has been installed.

?? :tellme:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
Re: CLIPBOARD HELP+SPELL LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - v2.23.01 - Nov 22, 2013
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2011, 03:31 AM »
Wow did i screw the pooch on this one ... i somehow uploaded the installer for a version from 2008.. :o
The correct version should be up now.. I hope that anyone who downloaded it in the last couple of hours can figure out to get the new version.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 03:37 AM by mouser »

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
@mouser: It looks as though one of the CHS settings is still not "sticking":
Move from Clipboard New to Old group after every X number of HOURS: (does not seem to obey the rule set by the user)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
@mouser: It looks as though one of the CHS settings is still not "sticking":
Move from Clipboard New to Old group after every X number of HOURS: (does not seem to obey the rule set by the user)

just noticed that had changed here, since the last update at any rate. (That was a problem before - I think)
Tom

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Ok here is the official release of the improvements that have been in alpha/beta release for last couple of weeks; thanks everyone who helped test:

v2.10.01 - October 29, 2011
  • [Major Bugfix] Fixed persistant dbisam database errors that some users were encountering; thanks mark and spknapp.
  • [Feature] Added option for regular expression search and replace to restrict to single lines or not; added info on using group replacements for regex.
  • [Bugfix] Clearing the quick search filter wit the keyboard sometimes did not reset the filtered display.
  • [Feature] Added simple modification dialog item for stripping text before or after some pattern.
  • [Feature] Added custom hotkey to paste the current clipboard contents as plaintext.
  • [Feature] Added button and menu item to browse clip image directory.
  • [Bugfix] Miscelaneous small UI bug fixes.
  • [Feature] You can now customize the colors and fonts of the main window panels.
  • [Feature] Redesigned the CHS format modification dialog.  See this thread on the DC forum for more discussion.
  • [Major Feature] You can now configure custom user tools/scripts to run when saved formatters are invoked.
  • [Feature] Improved CRC check of image clips to avoid making duplicate clip copies.
  • [Feature] Added quick-paste pop-up option to paste clip using sendkeys method (available when you shift+click on an item); this can be useful when you want to paste into a dos box or in situations where Ctrl+V is not accepted.

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Good stuff, thanks!  :up:

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks for the appearance options!  They are very helpful.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Minor update, but this may solve some rare random crashing for people, and should improve performance of dupe checking significantly, which is important since dupe checking option is very useful:

v2.11.01 - November 13, 2011
  • [Feature] Revamped hash/index based dupe checking; should be faster in checking duplicates.
  • [BugFix] Fixed an application crash that could occur when dupe checking was enabled on some applications like Open Office calc -- perhaps related to large clips.
  • [BugFix] Tab order in quick-add dialog fixed.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Have just had the opportunity and sit down and play for quite a long while with CHS and its new/improved settings in the latest version(s) of CHS.

The Options | Custom Appearance controls. Wow!      :Thmbsup:
These seem to work superbly, are stable and "sticky". Perfect. Thankyou.
I can now finally get all the visually ergonomic features I would like for reduced eyestrain.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Glad it's useful.  If there are more custom look options people want, we can discuss on this thread.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Oops, sorry.
I have copied the post to that thread, and attached a screenshot of how CHS now looks on my laptop.

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
@mouser

You're very busy, what with the upcoming NANY and all. You haven't had time to figure out your new year's resolutions, I know.
Accordingly I've decided to assist you. No doubt you will adopt the resolution to incorporate more clipboard formats into CH+S during '12.
No need to thank me, just trying to be helpful.
 :P

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
 ;D

Arthur Menu

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I just downloaded CHS and am impressed. As I depend on the Help files in the software I use, I was disappointed when clicking on Help for Modify Format/Case to get the message that no help is available yet. Will Help be added sometime soon?

By the way, what I was looking for in Help was how to find a line break - carriage return and replace it with two line break - carriage returns.

Thanks,
Arthur

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The help file definitely needs updating. In fairness the Modify Format/Case dialog just got a recent major rewrite.

I think \n can be used to find and replace linebreaks in non-regular-expression mode.

Arthur Menu

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks for the information, mouser! I was able to do the find and replace I wanted to do using "\n" as you suggested.

I will definitely need a Help file to learn how to write custom scripts.

Arthur

Attronarch

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I encountered weird bug (if it is a bug). When Clipboard Help+Spell is running I cannot use AltGr+V, AltGr+Q and AltGr+W. Actually, I can use them, but they invoke CHS menus instead of @ \ |.

Default hotkeys are in use (Ctrl+Alt+Letter) and I haven't changed them. Os is Win7 64 bit.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I was going to say:
"The hotkeys are configurable, go to options and Hotkeys tab and you can change them there, or remove them if you dont need those."

But now that i read your message you seem to be saying that CHS is triggering on AltGr+Letter when it should only be triggering on Ctrl+Alt+Letter, according to your current hotkey settings?  Is it that CHS is treating the AltGr key as if you pressed Alt+Control keys and triggering the CHS action that would normally be triggered is you hit those keys?

EDIT:

I see now from wikipedia:
To allow the specific functionality of AltGr when typing non-English text on such keyboards, Windows began to allow it to be emulated by pressing the Alt key together with the Control key:
    Ctrl+Alt ≈ AltGr
Therefore, it is recommended that this combination not be used as a modifier in Windows keyboard shortcuts as, depending on the keyboard layout and configuration, someone trying to type a special character with it may accidentally trigger the shortcut,[4] or the keypresses for the shortcut may be inadvertently interpreted as the user trying to input a special character.

SO:

The solution for you seems to be to EITHER see if you can find how to disable this emulation thing (may not be possible),
OR, change the hotkeys in CHS to not use ALT+CTRL (or add the Winkey modifier to them).

Now I need to decide if I should change those defaults in CHS, I probably should..

Attronarch

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Great find Mouser, thank you for help. For the time being, I'll go with Win+Letter.

Ctrl+Alt+Win+Letter would be too much for me, I'm not a spider. :D

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Ctrl+Alt+Win+Letter would be too much for me, I'm not a spider.

;D

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Not many new features, but this updates CHS to my new setup packages that are digitally signed, with an easier portable zip download option:

v2.13.01 - July 6, 2012
  • [BugFix] Paste menu for Favorite group (and other virtual groups) was not showing clips that were manually placed into that group.
  • [Minor Feature] Added balloon tray warning the first time an image exceeds configured limits on clipboard save size.
  • [Minor Feature] Added option to not autofit column headers in grid view (may be useful if you have a very large column)
  • [Feature] For portable users, program now checks for ConfigDir_Default.ini if ConfigDir.ini not found; prevents your custom ConfigDir.ini file from being overwritten when unpacking portable distribution zip.
  • [MajorFeature] Executable and setup are now digitally signed for extra security; instead of a zip-compatible installer, there are now 2 separate downloads for installer and portable version.
  • [Feature] Added new check for text from commandline tools triggered via Modification Presets, so they can be checked for Cancel or Error.
  • [BugFix] Modification dialog was opening up with checkboxes checked for "custom tool" by default.
  • [BugFIx] Sendkeys method was not sending tabs correctly to some apps.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Not many new features, but this updates CHS to my new setup packages that are digitally signed, with an easier portable zip download option:
Appreciate it.  Still use CHS for it's quickpaste popup menu, which is now the best on the block.  For a while, ARSclip and CHS were nose-for nose there, but now CHS is the king of the hill.  I don't know why I keep track of these things... :(

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks for saying so.
Hopefully there will be some more substantial CHS updates this year, now that i have shaken the rust off.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Still use CHS for it's quickpaste popup menu, which is now the best on the block.  For a while, ARSclip and CHS were nose-for nose there, but now CHS is the king of the hill.
One of the things I like about ArsClip is that old clips are auto-deleted on number of clips, rather than age.  That means that if I don't use the PC for even a week or two, when I go back to it, the same 15 or whatever recent clips are still there in the popup.  AFAIK CHS does things by date, so old clips have disappeared, and you have to pop up the main window go look for them.  Further, AC now has a Search and Paste menu entry directly on the popup (it doesn't really have a main window in the usual sense anyway).  That has a nice live search, and includes Removed Clips.

I don't know why I keep track of these things...
It's now part of your nature!  It's the DC effect!  :lol:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
New beta available:

v2.16.01 - October 18, 2012
  • [Feature] Added new quick template, paste template menu, print template, and quick-template hotkey; all let you configure more elaborate text templates to be used when pasting or printing clips to add additional information and formatting.  See "Paste Template" tab in options.
  • [Improvement] When manually adding new clip via NewClip button, it will automatically be selected regardless of grid sorting.
  • [BugFix] When CHS was set to StayOnTop, options form was showing behind main form.
  • [BugFix] Attempt to fix bug with Ctrl+Alt+C forced Ctrl+C sending (capture beep sound should no longer play if a new clip was not captured).
  • [Feature] Added new quickpaste popup menu item to show additional actions menu (shift+click menu) for first clip.
  • [Feature] Added paste-as-file action in quick paste shift clip menu -- copied this idea from a cool utility by DC member c.gingerich called "Paste As File" (see http://starpunch.net/?page=8).

Quickest way to use the new PasteAsFile feature:
  • Copy whatever you want to clipboard (image or text)
  • Then go to a file explorer (or email client, etc.), wherever you want to paste the clip as a file.
  • Hit Ctrl+Alt+Q to bring up the CHS quickpaste menu
  • Hit P to show the extra-actions menu for the last copied clip
  • Hit F to trigger the "Paste as File" menu item
  • Hit Enter to use default filename.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 08:05 PM by mouser »