ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Kingsoft Office

<< < (3/11) > >>

Davidtheo:
Kingsoft free personal edition is available for download. I haven't tried it yet, since I have the license keys for KSO2007 given away a few months ago.   :)

http://www.instantfundas.com/2008/09/kingsoft-office-2007-free-personal.html
-theredgiant (September 28, 2008, 12:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

I can't get to the web site comes up with "Page Load Error"  >:(

yksyks:
I can't get to the web site comes up with "Page Load Error"  >:(
-Davidtheo (September 28, 2008, 03:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

I was there right now, no problem here. Try to verify it from your place using http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/.

Davidtheo:
Ok maybe the great Chinese firewall is blocking it  ;) hehe. Are you sure that is the same version as the English KSO07? I know they have a version just for Vietnam!

Paul Keith:
I was disappointed by their Klonoa mascot though. Usually when people opt for this, it means the interface is much more user friendlier than your run of the mill OpenOffice and MS Office but what I saw staring in front of my eyes was a very foreign if not slightly similar to general Office Suite user interface. (Of course Tux is an exception to this but it's still an illusion downer)
-Paul Keith (September 27, 2008, 11:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

I thought the interface was friendly it looks like MSO and it has the features in the same places (well in KSO07 anyway)
-Davidtheo (September 28, 2008, 03:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

That right there is the problem. When you have a cartoon mascot, 9 times out of 10, I'm expecting a friendlier not "MSO" interface.

Davidtheo:
I was disappointed by their Klonoa mascot though. Usually when people opt for this, it means the interface is much more user friendlier than your run of the mill OpenOffice and MS Office but what I saw staring in front of my eyes was a very foreign if not slightly similar to general Office Suite user interface. (Of course Tux is an exception to this but it's still an illusion downer)
-Paul Keith (September 27, 2008, 11:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

I thought the interface was friendly it looks like MSO and it has the features in the same places (well in KSO07 anyway)
-Davidtheo (September 28, 2008, 03:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

That right there is the problem. When you have a cartoon mascot, 9 times out of 10, I'm expecting a friendlier not "MSO" interface.
-Paul Keith (September 28, 2008, 06:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

OK but now many people judge the software on the mascot. I have never done that, I thought it would be better to judge it on what it can do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version