ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Kingsoft Office

<< < (2/11) > >>

Paul Keith:
Unfortunately this seems just like a tabbed up Office Suite when I checked it out. It obviously has some built in features like encryption and search boxes but I doubt that alone would get them some new customers.

I was disappointed by their Klonoa mascot though. Usually when people opt for this, it means the interface is much more user friendlier than your run of the mill OpenOffice and MS Office but what I saw staring in front of my eyes was a very foreign if not slightly similar to general Office Suite user interface. (Of course Tux is an exception to this but it's still an illusion downer)

yksyks:
OK, I understood the sentence "In order to allow you to maintain a totally free version we will shortly be releasing a newer version of our KSO07 as a personal edition with a license created for home use." like that the free version is still not available.

Never mind, back to the thread topic: Did anyone try it? I'm especially interested in compatibility with MS Office. I can recall how much time I spent in vain some time ago trying to run my MS Office mail merge and macros on OpenOffice, resulting in purchasing newer version of MS Office...

theredgiant:
Kingsoft free personal edition is available for download. I haven't tried it yet, since I have the license keys for KSO2007 given away a few months ago.   :)

http://www.instantfundas.com/2008/09/kingsoft-office-2007-free-personal.html

Davidtheo:
I was disappointed by their Klonoa mascot though. Usually when people opt for this, it means the interface is much more user friendlier than your run of the mill OpenOffice and MS Office but what I saw staring in front of my eyes was a very foreign if not slightly similar to general Office Suite user interface. (Of course Tux is an exception to this but it's still an illusion downer)
-Paul Keith (September 27, 2008, 11:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

I thought the interface was friendly it looks like MSO and it has the features in the same places (well in KSO07 anyway)

yksyks:
The free version of Kingsoft Office 2007 has some limitations - it cannot save files in PDF format and is ad supported. But we will tolerate some ads in return for a freeware. For some reason, this version is not yet released through their official site though it was supposed to have been made available last month. So you have to download it through another site.-http://www.instantfundas.com/2008/09/kingsoft-office-2007-free-personal.html
--- End quote ---

So it's not freeware, but adware. Besides, it's strange that this version has to be downloaded from a site residing in Vietnam.

Well, I suppose I've spent too much time with this. It seems nobody bothered yet to test the compatibility, and neither will I.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version