ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

'Everything' is one FAST file search engine

<< < (10/18) > >>

edbro:
If possible, a FARR plugin based on this program would be nice.
-CGA (September 29, 2008, 03:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
Just create an alias with Everything's command line.

--- ---^ev(.*)
Everything Search $$1 | C:\program files\everything\Everything.exe -search $$1

Darwin:
I'm impressed - I've already had a personal reply from David Carpenter regarding my suggestion about integrating Everyting into the shell. He says it's already on his list of things to do  :Thmbsup:

kartal:
That is what he tells everyone :)

He says it's already on his list of things to do  :Thmbsup:
-Darwin (November 11, 2008, 10:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

nosh:
I've been triggering Everything (on WinXP) with Win+F using AutoHotkey.

The script uses Win+F as a toggle to show/hide Everything. It also starts Everything if it is detected that it isn't running.

You may need to modify:
1. The first line in the script, if you are using something other than Win+F.
2. The hotkey used (in Everything: Tools -> Options -> General) to Alt+Shift+F. If you want to use another hotkey, modify the one used by the script to match the combination you choose.
3. The path to Everything.exe, if it's something besides C:\Program Files\Everything\Everything.exe

J-Mac:
OK - it's scaring me a little! I had downloaded this about two weeks ago when I first saw the thread here. Then promptly forgot about it! (Happens with age!) Noticed it here again just now and went and installed it. An empty window opens as soon as it finishes installing. While looking through the menubar items the window suddenly filled with files!

I have to check but...  Did Everything just index everything? If so, that was unbelievable. I am guessing that it just indexed my main HDD, but I'll start playing with it now to see.

Thanks for this one - looking very nice!

Jim

EDIT - Didn't get too far but I see that it indexed every doggone drive connected to my computer! Darn that's fast! About 1.5 TB of drive space, though not nearly all filled. Wow!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version