ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

'Everything' is one FAST file search engine

<< < (7/18) > >>

kartal:
A good balance of both

What´s up now, do you prefer a big software packet with many great search features or speed?
-Crush (November 10, 2008, 02:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

superboyac:
Wow.  Fast is an understatement.  This is unbelievable.  My expectations for speed of all software has just went through the roof.

Darwin:
Wow.  Fast is an understatement.  This is unbelievable.  My expectations for speed of all software has just went through the roof.
-superboyac (November 10, 2008, 05:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Great. Now I'm going to HAVE to try this  >:( ;D

KenR:
Some time ago I was talking with some other dudes and the result of the discussion was that speed isn´t important. Now in this thread it seems that the speed is the main thing you´re looking at. What´s up now, do you prefer a big software packet with many great search features or speed?  :feedback:
-Crush (November 10, 2008, 02:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

I use both Crush. I think of them as different. One just finds files by name, the other for more/different information. For a name find though, you don't need all those features. So, I currently use Everything and Where Is It?

Ken

kartal:
I love http feature, this thing is like a file server at the same time. I just hope that it would support non ntfs volumes even that means slow indexing on those drives

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version