ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

No option to take screenshots in BMP format as default?

<< < (2/2)

katykaty:
I can add ability to set format to BMP, i have to release a new version soon and will add it.

A .png renamed to .bmp isn't a .bmp - it's still a .png
--- End quote ---
katykaty, you are correct in 99% of the cases this would be true.  however SC has a special functionality -- if you change the filename in the bottom panel, and you specify a file extension, SC will actually convert the file while it renames it :)
-mouser (September 26, 2008, 05:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

:o

99%? Make that 99.999999%   ;)

Any commercial app would have that facility as bullet number 3 on the side of the box. Trust Mouser to keep gems like this hidden away  :D

jordis:
Trust Mouser to keep gems like this hidden away  :D-katykaty (September 26, 2008, 05:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
Actually I discovered this feature thanks to the "TIP" in the Preferences->Image File Format page.
But I have to agree with katykaty that it shouldn't be so "hidden".
I'd suggest mentioning it in a tooltip when the user hovers over the "Name" edit field (in a similar fashion as it happens with the "File Name QuickField"

Thanks for considering putting BMP in the format list, regardless of its "bloatedness" ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version