ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What are your opinions on fan-editing?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Paul Keith:
f0dder, I think it's to appease the general audiences who don't know much about Dune. It's much more easier to relate to the cliche plotline of an evil mad conqueror than an equal struggle between three factions.

Don't get your high hopes on fanedit though. At first, I was impressed until I realize more than 50% of the fanedit there had no comments or reviews.

nudone:
i must confess i didn't get further than about 15 pages in when reading Dune, and i was so looking forward to becoming immersed in the Dune universe. so, i was just disappointed with the film because it looked like it could have been so much more. watching the film has always felt like sitting in front of a 2 hour advert for a yet unreleased longer motion picture.

i'll probably not enjoy any version now that i know it isn't a fair representation of the novel(s).

Paul Keith:
Well to be honest, it still might be worth watching. I'm not a Dune or a movie elite but Dune was one of the best hack-up job off a license movie that I've ever seen. Casting was great, plot twists were done at an ok pace and there was just something about the Dune movie that makes it less sillier than other sci-fi movies with spaceship battles and "lightsabers".

f0dder:
The Dune movie is worth watching, and the atmosphere is pretty good. The aforementioned  changes still sadden/sicken me, though, as they're completely unnecessary, and ruin some of the really cool parts of Dune.

IMHO the later mini-series felt a lot truer to the universe, and I can live with minor slip-ups like forgetting to color people's eyes blue-in-blue in some scenes here and there. It also does show that the budget could have been bigger, and not all the actors are supergood++. But all in all it left me with a much better feeling than Lynch's Dune did :)

Paul Keith:
IMHO the later mini-series felt a lot truer to the universe
--- End quote ---

You mean Children of Dune?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version