ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What are your opinions on fan-editing?

(1/4) > >>

Paul Keith:
I just did a search on DC about fan-edits and didn't find anything so I was wondering what this board's opinions on it are.

It seems even the frontpage of Google doesn't like it because I haven't found any software or howto guides about it.

sri:
What is 'fan-edits'?

Paul Keith:
It's basically taking a movie and editing it.

Kind of like the many Youtube videos involving excerpts from one movie or another (I don't know how to do those either) except the intent here is to use the technique on an entire movie. Sometimes with the intent of improving the movie based on the editors' own vision.

nudone:
well, the phantom menace was certainly better after they fan edited jar jar binks out of it.

google/youtube aren't going to promote/mention it as it's obviously violating copyright just to start editing someone's work without their consent.

mouser:
I've thought for many years that this is going to be the future of movie making.  In the next decade i predict that when a new movie is released i theatres, the complete unedited raw footage of the shooting of the movie (hundreds of hours of different takes, etc.) will be available on the web for people to reassemble and re-edit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version