ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Damn it, why don't I ever learn. Anyone else having this problem with Firefox 3?

<< < (3/3)

J-Mac:
I'm still using Firefox 3.01. I have learned throughout all the initial FF beta versions to NOT allow Firefox to automatically upgrade; I have the upgrader configured to find and notify me about new releases of Firefox and extensions, but not install them - I do that manually when I feel it is safe.

Too many times I have upgraded right away and then found that many of the extensions don't work. And I really love the response you get on Mozillazine if you inquire about it at all - "I don't use ANY extensions. Why do you need extensions?" Ha! As I often say: The best thing about Firefox are the extensions. Ans the worst thing about Firefox are the extensions."  To be honest, I wouldn't even use Firefox without extensions. And I hate when they release a new version and most extensions stop working. Hate it!

I always wait now until I see that there are no big bugs, and until all my extensions catch up with the new release.

Jim

Paul Keith:
Too many times I have upgraded right away and then found that many of the extensions don't work. And I really love the response you get on Mozillazine if you inquire about it at all - "I don't use ANY extensions. Why do you need extensions?" Ha! As I often say: The best thing about Firefox are the extensions. Ans the worst thing about Firefox are the extensions."  To be honest, I wouldn't even use Firefox without extensions. And I hate when they release a new version and most extensions stop working. Hate it!

I always wait now until I see that there are no big bugs, and until all my extensions catch up with the new release.
--- End quote ---

Same here. That was why I switched to Firefox 3 after RC. It was the most stable at that time, edging out even FF2 and all the new extensions that were most likely not going to be obsolete for this version was updated already or so I thought.

If there was any doubt that this wasn't an extension problem, this was it. Flock beta also recently upgraded to follow with FF3 specifications most likely and it also ruined my add-ons and the list of extensions I had on it were close to nil compared to Firefox.

Even more glaring is that when I tried to switch to Flock/FF2 it wouldn't fix the problem at all and my add-ons still hang once you click on the options button in the add-on screen so this is definitely not a run of the mill case.

Edit: Oops, I forgot to take into account where you said you were using FF3. Yeah, I didn't know Firefox would auto-update. Bad decision on my part.

Paul Keith:
Problem solved. Ok, I need another "hit myself in the head" smiley again.

Turns out this wasn't FF's fault and it had to do with me accidentally setting all subfolders as hidden back then. Was too lazy to unhide each of them and what ends up happening is that when the program updated, it couldn't see the profile because it was hidden.

Sorry for the false assumption.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version