ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

WINDOWS 7 THREAD (ongoing)

<< < (4/54) > >>

Deozaan:
That calculator is terrible! It doesn't even follow the standard numpad layout!  :sick:

zridling:
Honestly, is there a need to conserve screenspace for a calculator? Give me everything at a glance.

MrCrispy:
We'll know a LOT more in a week when PDC starts.

f0dder:
A ribbon for calc? Holy Hoffmann!

I hope that's a joke. Otherwise somebody needs to be dragged outside and shot.

Edvard:
I just ran across this article. It's rather vague, but apparently Microsoft is even looking beyond Win7 to dropping the monolithic OS model.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7540282.stm
Microsoft has kicked off a research project to create software that will take over when it retires Windows.

Called Midori, the cut-down operating system is radically different to Microsoft's older programs.
It is centred on the internet and does away with the dependencies that tie Windows to a single PC.
It is seen as Microsoft's answer to rivals' use of "virtualisation" as a way to solve many of the problems of modern-day computing.
When asked about Midori by BBC News, Microsoft issued a statement that said: "Midori is one of many incubation projects underway at Microsoft. It's simply a matter of being too early in the incubation to talk about it."
--- End quote ---

Whaddya think?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version