ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

WINDOWS 7 THREAD (ongoing)

<< < (16/54) > >>

MrCrispy:
Yes, the ribbon is not efficient in all contexts, and Microsoft should force it onto simple apps.
-zridling (December 04, 2008, 11:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Don't you mean shouldn't force it?

zridling:
Doh! Yes, let me edit that. Thanks!

zridling:
Add me to the Win 7 fan club!  I just bought a new laptop for my brother with pretty decent specs - HP Pavilion with 2.2Ghz C2D, 4GB Ram, Intel 4500HD integrated graphics (I don't trust Nvidia cards!).-MrCrispy (December 14, 2008, 08:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Good for you for not trusting Nvidia. While ATI has opened up their driver code, Nvidia has locked theirs down, making it difficult to run a new Nvidia card on a Linux machine.

I really haven't read any bad reports on Win7 yet. By all accounts, they're busting their brains to make Vista what it should be (if you assume Win7 is an upgrade to Vista since they share the kernel), and it already preserves battery life better on laptops. I hope it's one of those versions that users can sit on for years like we have with XP. With Win7 running on an i7 chip, I can't imagine needing to upgrade for 4-5 years afterward! By the way, here's an updated calculator shot:

MrCrispy:
Looks like the Win7 beta is going to be out very soon.

http://www.neowin.net/news/main/08/12/17/new-windows-7-beta-released-to-select-testers

I haven't received my invite yet (I hope to!), but I bet it'll be available from the 'usual sources' as well :)

zridling:
Don't screw us, MrCrispy, when you get it, share your impressions!!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version