ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

WINDOWS 7 THREAD (ongoing)

<< < (21/54) > >>

f0dder:
Given that MS have extended the distribution of OEM WinXP until the 30th May it seems that even MS have given up and finally admitted that Vista has been a bad experience for everyone ;)-Carol Haynes (January 08, 2009, 05:04 AM)
--- End quote ---
Not on my laptop :)

Josh:
My desktop has enjoyed Vista.

Carol Haynes:
It was meant to be a tongue in cheek comment but it does say something about MS that they are aiming to get Windows 7 out in record time and extending XP SALES to the point that there could be an almost seemless transition for most users avoiding Vista completely.

f0dder:
Carol: true, and Vista certainly isn't perfect. But the experience on my laptop hasn't been nearly as bad as some people feel it is... It doesn't feel sluggish and UAC doesn't annoy me. I don't like the DRM shit (even if it isn't affecting me), I'd love lower resource consumption (even if the system DOES feel snappy), and I haven't had problems with sound latency...

MrCrispy:
I would not be so sure about Win 7 being released by mid-2009, even though I'd love that. Its possible we'll have a RC build after the beta expires and that Win 7 will be launched around Christmas.

Ironically, that would be around the time we'll see price cuts on Core i7 and people upgrading to a much more powerful system, only to run an OS that's been optimized to run faster than XP :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version