Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site December 18, 2014, 04:26:05 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Passwords  (Read 4314 times)
sazzen
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: September 24, 2008, 04:41:06 PM »

I use a Password program to store my many passwords. It uses the copy paste-method so they all end up in Clipboard Help and Spell. I tried adding the name of the program to "ignore these applications" in the Capture Options dialog box but the passwords still appear. What am I doing wrong?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 04:48:42 PM »

this is a really good question.
i just tested the application exclusions and they don't seem to be working for me either -- let me see if i can't get this and a couple more things fixed this week.
tranglos
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 05:47:47 PM »

Mouser, please have a look at this article (by the author of ClipMate) if you haven't already:

Clipboard Extender Dot Com » Ignoring Clipboard Updates with the CF_CLIPBOARD_VIEWER_IGNORE Clipboard Format
http://www.clipboardextender.com/?page_id=8

It's a simple and effective idea that eliminates the problem entirely, though it requires cooperation from vendors of password managers and such apps. I implemented it in my Oubliette at the time. Most clipboard managers don't hold up their part of the deal though.

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 05:52:14 PM »

Very nice tranglos, i will support it.
tranglos
Supporting Member

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 06:08:37 PM »

Very nice tranglos, i will support it.

Great! This is one of those really neat and simple ideas that should spread far and wide.

rjbull
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 08:06:52 AM »

i just tested the application exclusions and they don't seem to be working for me either

KeePass exclusion is working for me on Win XP 5.1.2600 with CHS 1.19.02.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.028s | Server load: 0.05 ]