ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

AVG vs TicTocTitle

<< < (3/3)

f0dder:
Another thought occurs.  No one else - here - seems to have had this happen. I know I can't be the only one with these two DonationCoder programs who uses AVG.-sazzen (September 29, 2008, 05:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
Wouldn't be surprised if there's several people here who use AVG, but don't pay much attention to warnings about DonationCoder software... especially for AHK tools, since there's been several posts about false virus alarms.

sazzen:
Wouldn't be surprised if there's several people here who use AVG, but don't pay much attention to warnings about DonationCoder software... especially for AHK tools, since there's been several posts about false virus alarms.
-f0dder (October 21, 2008, 04:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

It was impossible to ignore. AVG deleted both programs - without warning and without using quarantine. They are gone forever.

mouser:
AVG deleted both programs - without warning and without using quarantine.
--- End quote ---

that kind of behavior by irresponsible antivirus programs is what infuriates me.  TOTALLY unacceptable.

ewemoa:
FWIW, I've had AVG say that it has gotten rid of a file (sorry, I don't remember the exact message), but usually I've managed to find it in the Virus Vault (this is w/ AVG Free 7.5) [1] -- these days I just don't have the Resident Shield portion enabled all of the time.  I was pretty annoyed when it (seemingly -- my memory of this is fuzzy) moved files to the Virus Vault w/o giving me any choice in the matter.  I guess I'll try to pay more attention in the future -- I know, I'll use ScreenshotCaptor :)  [2]

I just tried the "Scan with AVG" menu item from a Windows Explorer context menu on locally compiled versions of:

* TicTocTitle
* TheEnd
* ReFocus
* RecentRun
* PutAside
* LabelControl
* GoneIn60s
The result was "No threats found" -- (I wonder whether it'd make any difference, but I didn't specify custom icon files).

(In AVG Free 7.5, perhaps it's possible to add specific exceptions for future processing, but I haven't managed to determine how so far...)

[1] It's really fond of picking on a 7 zip sfx file :)

[2] No wait, I need an app to be semi-continuously taking screenshots of my desktop -- and perhaps automatically deleting screenshots that are older than say an hour ago...like an airplane's black box or something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version