ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

AVG vs TicTocTitle

(1/3) > >>

sazzen:
AVG runs a scan daily on my computer. When I checked yesterday's test results I found it had listed TicTocTitle.exe as a virus and deleted it from the system.  :huh:  Since they locked me out of the forum a couple of years ago, I don't know how to report a false positive to them.  I just thought someone here should know and wondered if anyone else had the same experience.

Paul Keith:
they locked me out of the forum a couple of years ago
--- End quote ---

I don't mean to offend but when a forum does this especially a security related one, isn't it time to switch products?

Thanks for the heads up though.

mouser:
im so sick of these antivirus false alarms on programs built with the autohotkey scripting languages.  in more reasonable times the ahk villagers would get torches by now and burn down these antivirus headquarters and i'd bring the matches.

lanux128:
in more reasonable times the ahk villagers would get torches by now and burn down these antivirus headquarters and i'd bring the matches.-mouser (September 24, 2008, 05:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

nice analogy but i agree. ;D

city_zen:
I uploaded TicTocTitle.exe to Virustotal.com to see if any other AV gave a false positive of the file.
Link to the results: http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/26e7b05aaecff3821494004e279a7395

3 out of 36 AVs detected it as at least a suspicious file. But AVG was not one of them. Maybe they use a different version than sazzen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version