ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Use this modified version of Chrome for more privacy

<< < (3/7) > >>

Deozaan:
Am I the only one who still doesn't understand the point of Chrome (and these alternates) and promptly uninstalled it without looking back?

Ehtyar:
Am I the only one who still doesn't understand the point of Chrome (and these alternates) and promptly uninstalled it without looking back?
-Deozaan (October 10, 2008, 03:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
Certainly not. I move to establish the Tinfoil Hat Brigade (THB) to make Deo and I feel less alone!

Ehtyar.

Deozaan:
It's not that I'm paranoid about what Google is doing with my data, or about the security of Chrome.

In my opinion, there is no need being filled by Chrome. Firefox works great most of the time, and when it doesn't, IE will do.

I'm starting to feel that people are praising everything Google much like Apple fanatics do. When it comes to software, I don't really care about brand names. I'm not going to "buy" into it just because it's got the Google brand. Don't get me wrong, I have and use a lot of Google's products: Gmail, Gtalk, Picasa, Google Earth. But there are applications I don't have a use for, such as Google Desktop, Browser Toolbar, Chrome, etc. In short, if it's useful, I'll use it. If it's not, then it won't be on my PC for long.

Not only do I not have a use for Chrome, I fail to see why it even exists.

f0dder:
As a end-user, I don't see the point of Chrome, and would've preferred if they spent the time and money helping the firefox developers instead.

But there's probably a lot of reasons for google doing this. gPhone might be one of them?

Edvard:
Actually I found a kinda neat use for it...
You know the "make a web app look like a normal app" feature?
I used that for the web interfaces for Popfile and my router.

They look a little less cluttered and it behaves the same as in a browser, but really that's not a big deal at all.
Cute maybe, but necessary? Nah.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version