topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 12:24 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3  (Read 286462 times)

sean2078

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 0.4.4
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2009, 03:39 AM »
Hello - First, thanks for making this software a reality.  I certainly appreciate it.

However, it doesn't work for me yet.  Now that version 0.4.4 is out, I can install it, authenticate and load tasks.  But it no matter what I try to do, I can't get it to show any tasks in the lists.  They all read "0 tasks" even though there are plenty in there.  All my lists are loading fine, I've tried it with and without the smart list option, I don't have any smart lists in the system, I can add tasks using this plugin fine, do all sorts of other operations, it's just that the tasks seem to not be listed.  Even tasks that were created by the FARR RTM plugin don't show up.

Things I've tried so far include complete uninstall/reinstall with directory delete in between, rebooting, "rtm reloading", creating new lists for testing, etc.

Can I have the source code so I can fix? :)

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/1319/sp3220090102043250fl5.png
FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3

Thanks in advance
S

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2009, 03:41 PM »
Hi sean2078

FarrMilk is not open source. I'll consider making it open source once FARR itself has been open sourced though ;)

Concerning your problem: it sounds weird and I don't have an idea what could go wrong there at the moment. Could you maybe try making a smart list and check if that also doesn't give you any tasks? The reason I would like you to try this is that while for regular lists all tasks are loaded at once, for smart lists I have to load tasks a (smart) list at a time (due to what I consider a bug in the Rmilk API).

If anyone else experiences this problem please let me know.

sean2078

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2009, 06:19 PM »
Thanks phitsc,

I created a new test account and hooked it up / authorized it.  Works fine with the new account.  I am a long standing RTM user with 1000's of tasks (many completed ;)) so I'm thinking that a task or other setting is causing the task sync process to fail.

If there is anything I can do to enable verbose logging so that I can see what it fails on, I would be thankful.  Right now, there's nothing in the plug-in log file.

Thanks again!
S

nbr

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2009, 08:24 PM »
Hello, I hate to say this, but I just updated FARRMilk to 0.4.4 and I am having the very same problem as reported by Pnikosis and vjcamarena. It's possible i did something wrong during the update process as I am very new to this. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Nathan

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2009, 07:26 AM »
Hi Nathan

0.4.4 should have resolved the problem Pnikosis and vjcamarena reported. Are you saying that you have that problem after updating from 0.4.3 to 0.4.4? or do you have the 'Uh oh...' problem now?

Can you try removing the FarrMilk service in the rtm web interface and reauthenticate and if that doesn't help delete the FarrMilk.ini file.

Cheers
Philipp

d4ni

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2009, 01:39 PM »
Hey, I did a new install of farr and FarrMilk 0.4.4 but farrmilk won't load tasks once I have authorized. I can hit Enter as much as I want at this screen but nothing happens:

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2009, 03:10 PM »
I think it's a FARR bug. Is there a way to install an earlier version of FARR so I can verify?

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2009, 02:49 AM »
I checked with 2.34.1 and have the problem there too. So it seems to be a FarrMilk problem. I'll investigate....

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2009, 06:33 AM »
nbr, d4ni and sean2078

Would you guys mind to update to 0.4.5 and check if it makes a difference to your respective problems?

Thanks
Philipp

d4ni

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2009, 02:14 PM »
Works now, thanks!

dinesh_ms

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 0.4.5
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2009, 05:00 AM »
I was using FarrMilk since 0.2 and recently had problems when upgarded to 0.4.4. My tasks are no longer loaded properly and always shows 0 tasks. I was asked multiple times to authorize and the RTM site always used to autorize succesfully.

I just upgraded to 0.4.5 and this problem seems to have gone, i was able to reload tasks on my first attempt itself

Regards
Dinesh

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2009, 05:35 AM »
Thanks Dinesh for reporting back. It is much appreciated!

It might be that FarrMilk has gotten popular enough for RTM to throttle its use. At least that is what they claim they will do when an API key uses too many of their API service resources. They request to keep server requests to an average of 1 per second (per user of the key, not per key). Both when authenticating as well as when loading tasks FarrMilk has to do several API requests in succession (e.g. getting list of locations, getting list of lists, getting list of tasks). Now I could imagine that while the first two succeeded, the last one (getting list of tasks) was blocked due to the throtteling, which is why FarrMilk gave you a list of lists, but no tasks.

FarrMilk 0.4.5 now makes sure that no more than 1 request per second is made on the RTM service.

Cheers
Philipp

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2009, 02:35 PM »
Any new updates on how stable this plugin is after the recent fix? I'm consider trying this app out.

d4ni

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2009, 04:07 PM »
Seems perfectly stable now. But dude seriously it's not some pre-alpha OS that may or may not screw up the contents of your harddrive. Just go try it out, no harm in that.

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2009, 06:08 AM »
Thanks. I'm just wary of losing any data from it.

d4ni

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2009, 09:03 AM »
You can backup all your tasks, just in case:
http://www.remembert...rs/basics/backup.rtm

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2009, 04:16 AM »
There's something wrong with FARRMilk on my end... I keep getting the following error message, no matter which command I choose:

What I do, is I type RTM then get the list of options that I expect, but choosing one of these will throw an exception like the one above.

There may well be a conflict somewhere, so I guess I could go the long route trying to find it, but before I do, I'd like to know if there's something I can do to fix it.

I'm using the latest FARR and FarrMilk 0.4.5.

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2009, 04:42 AM »
Hi TucknDar

Did any version of FarrMilk ever work for you? When you say 'a list of options', do you mean you get as far as the screen shot on the first post shows?

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2009, 04:47 AM »
hi phitsc

Yes, I get as far as the screenshot shows and yes, FarrMilk used to work. To be honest, I don't remember when exactly it stopped working. I didn't use it very much, but I've been working on a system to get myself more organized and think RTM could be a very good tool to help me with that, so FarrMilk will be very useful.

If you need more info, then by all means, just let me know what I should tell you. My OS is XP home sp2

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2009, 05:36 AM »
Did you ever try deleting the FarrMilk.ini file?

This would be in: C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\FarrMilk

and maybe you still have an old one in the FarrMilk plugin directory.

TucknDar

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2009, 09:34 AM »
I've tried it now (and no old FarrMilk.ini), but unfortunately it doesn't work. I'll try to disable all plugins, and see if there's a conflict.

sean2078

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2009, 11:43 AM »
nbr, d4ni and sean2078

Would you guys mind to update to 0.4.5 and check if it makes a difference to your respective problems?

Thanks
Philipp

Awesome!!  Works great now.  Thanks Philipp.  Really appreciate you reading our posts and enhancing the software to support very large, complex list/task sets.

Thanks a ton!

-----------------

On a side note, I have four quick questions (maybe someone can comment on them):

1) How can I change the default alias to "t" instead of "rtm" (I've tried changing the override alias in options, but when I try it, it doesn't respond to either command then)

2) How might I change the organizational structure of FARR Remember The Milk so that the very first thing that displays is my incomplete tasks, followed by the "More actions" option?  (I would like to just type "t" and get immediate access to tasks  :D )

3) When adding a new task in RTM, I always specify a tag and priority.  Instead of typing slashes and colons, I would like it if the software had an option to prompt for these values.  So, for example, you type "rtm a testing", press enter, software shows list of existing tags to choose from, you choose one, software shows a list of priorities, you choose one, and then the task is added and the default task list displays.  Would you mind adding this as a feature request?  Under options, there could be 2 check boxes:  "Prompt for tag on add task" and "Prompt for priority on add task".  It would make it a lot easier for me to add tasks quickly.  Thanks!

4) After adding a task using "rtm a", the incomplete tasks list shows which is great, but "rtm a" still remains in the textbox.  Could you please add a feature request to make it so that after adding the contents of the textbox reads "rtm tasks"?  Thanks again.

Great job.  (Let me know if you want me to add this into the software for you securely :Thmbsup:)

S

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2009, 08:59 AM »
Sorry for the late reply, I was on holiday last week.

Concerning your first question: FarrMilk supports overriding the alias. Actually, mouser added the possibility for plugins to query the alias because I wanted FarrMilk to support this. You're right that it doesn't work with "t" though (or with "y" for that matter). Maybe FARR plugin aliases have to be at least two characters long (I just tried "tt" and that works).

As for your other questions, let me think about these.

Ric0la

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2009, 03:05 AM »
Hi!

I'd like to use this, but I always get something like "Failed to generate authentication URL". Any ideas? Proxy settings maybe?

Cheers

Rico

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2009, 03:26 PM »
There's something wrong with FARRMilk on my end... I keep getting the following error message, no matter which command I choose:

What I do, is I type RTM then get the list of options that I expect, but choosing one of these will throw an exception like the one above.

There may well be a conflict somewhere, so I guess I could go the long route trying to find it, but before I do, I'd like to know if there's something I can do to fix it.

I'm using the latest FARR and FarrMilk 0.4.5.
I'm having this too now on my PC at work. No idea what it could be. FarrMilk's running fine here at home.