topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 11:18 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3  (Read 286457 times)

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: New plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 0.3.0
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2008, 05:04 PM »
What would be the easiest way to view/edit notes for a task that you have already brought up.

For example if I'm at: rtm tasks /id:xxxxxxxx,xxxxxxxx,xxxxxxxx

Thanks!
Hi differentspin

Update to version 0.3.0 which I have uploaded just now. It adds a 'Change note of task' menu item to the task command list (where you are with rtm tasks /id:blah). This will allow you to view and edit notes but not to add notes at the moment.

Cheers
Philipp

differentspin

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2008, 05:57 PM »
That is extremely helpful.  Thank you! :Thmbsup:  Looking forward to ability to add notes from there too.  Are there other enhancements in 0.3.0?

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2008, 02:52 AM »
That is extremely helpful.  Thank you! :Thmbsup:  Looking forward to ability to add notes from there too.  Are there other enhancements in 0.3.0?
Nope, nothing else. A bit extreme to name it 0.3.0 for just two lines of code, I know ;)

I'll add the possibility to add a note from the view/change notes result list.

differentspin

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2008, 09:53 AM »
I find this plugin really helpful and am happy with the way it functions now, but here are a couple of suggestions:

- when you find a task I think it would be better if it showed the task details by default and then gave you the options to edit, complete, etc. I would think that people would be viewing the tasks more frequently than editing them.
- it would be nice if it would be possible to easily get back to your last task search after viewing or editing a particular task (perhaps there is already a way to do this).
- similarly it would be helpful to be able to easily get back to a task details after navigating to the "change properties' or 'change notes' areas for a particular task.

Thanks!

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2008, 12:06 PM »
- when you find a task I think it would be better if it showed the task details by default and then gave you the options to edit, complete, etc. I would think that people would be viewing the tasks more frequently than editing them.
You can press Shift+Enter instead of Enter to show a tasks properties instead of the task command list (if this is what you have set in the options). There's no way to complete, postpone, etc. a task from viewing its properties though.

- it would be nice if it would be possible to easily get back to your last task search after viewing or editing a particular task (perhaps there is already a way to do this).
- similarly it would be helpful to be able to easily get back to a task details after navigating to the "change properties' or 'change notes' areas for a particular task.
Pressing Alt+Left will remove the last word in the search box and I tried to use this to take you back an 'operational step' in FarrMilk wherever possible. I admit that it's not optimal how it is at the moment. It only works as one would expect when using the menu mode. I'll try to improve it if I can.

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: New plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 0.4.0
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2008, 06:47 AM »
Version 0.4.0 is now available. See version history on first post for a list of changes. Feedback is still welcome!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2008, 04:51 PM »
I just want to say again how great the new system is where you can select a task and then get presented with actions you can perform on that task.  Great workflow.

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2008, 03:02 AM »
I just want to say again how great the new system is where you can select a task and then get presented with actions you can perform on that task.  Great workflow.
Thanks mouser. Your feedback is much appreciated!

Apart from the fact that FARR is an excellent launcher and a cool application for being extended, I think one of the reasons why there are so many great plugins for FARR (not to mention the very cool WSH and C# SDKs) is because you're such a good motivator.  :Thmbsup:

alexey_r

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2008, 06:36 AM »
It isn't on DcUpdater yet?
Alexey Romanov

khutch

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2008, 12:42 PM »
I just stumbled upon this plugin, and I absolutely LOVE IT. Thanks for all of your hard work. As a coder who does a lot of "spare time" coding, I really appreciate it.

khutch

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2008, 02:15 PM »
I found a minor bug:

I can't get the list of tasks from a smart list with a space in it. For example, I have a smart list titled "Due Today". When I type "rtm lists", it sees the smart list, but when I click on it, it shows 0 tasks.

There is, obviously, a very easy workaround. I renamed my smart list to "DueToday", and it works perfectly. So, not a big deal, but I thought I'd report it.

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2008, 04:04 PM »
Thanks khutch for mentioning that you like the plugin, it is really appreciated!

Concerning the bug you found: besides an inconvenience which I should fix in the plugin what you found is actually a bug in the help file :) It's also not restricted to smart lists but to all lists containing spaces.

What happens when you click a list with spaces (e.g. Due Today) in the lists result view is that the search is replaced by: rtm tasks /list:Due Today. The inconvenience is that you currently have to manually put quotes around the list name, i.e. the plugin should actually search like this: rtm tasks /list:"Due Today".

The bug in the help file is that at the end of the first paragraph of chapter Parameters & Switches it reads:
If a parameter name contains spaces, it must be enclosed in a pair of " or ' characters
while this should actually be:
If a parameter value contains spaces, it must be enclosed in a pair of " or ' characters

I'll fix both the inconvenience and the help file :)

Pnikosis

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • indi.solubl.es
    • Donate to Member
Re: FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 0.4.2
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2008, 07:32 AM »
Hi, I've installed the plugin, and after I wrote 'rtm' it redirected me to the RTM's application authorization page, then I gave the authorization, but when I went back to the FARR's window and selected the first item (Grant Access Permission), it redirected me again to the RTM's application authorization page. I've tried everything (always maintain focus, ignore the focus, etc), and still redirects me to the RTM's page.

Any idea? Someone? :(

sean2078

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 0.4.2
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2008, 01:35 PM »

FARR Remember The Milk 0.4.2 doesn't seem to be installable right now.  If you are a first time installer, you see the message (XP SP2, OS up to date, IE7 default browser):

Uh oh... something went wrong. Don't worry though; it's not your fault. The application you're using to interact with Remember The Milk made an error. It might be worthwhile contacting the author of the application and telling them you encountered this page.

Alternatively, you might like to wait a little while and then try again.

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/6388/sp3220081211142617xd7.png
FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/4672/sp3220081211142715vz7.png
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6738/sp3220081211142633lm4.png
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9693/sp3220081211142722bn1.png

Please post a fix or the location of the open source project so that the community can fix this problem.

Thank you
S

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 0.4.3
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2008, 09:06 AM »
Hi, I've installed the plugin, and after I wrote 'rtm' it redirected me to the RTM's application authorization page, then I gave the authorization, but when I went back to the FARR's window and selected the first item (Grant Access Permission), it redirected me again to the RTM's application authorization page. I've tried everything (always maintain focus, ignore the focus, etc), and still redirects me to the RTM's page.

Any idea? Someone? :(
Hi Pnikosis

I know you've done more or less what I'll describe now, please try it anyway:
- Check if the FARR Remember The Milk plugin service is listed there. If it is, delete it by clicking the bin icon
- Open FARR and type goreload to reload the plugins, then click the OK button on the message box that appears
- now type rtm, this should bring you back to the authorisation page
- now click 'OK, I'll allow it'
- go back to FARR and hit Enter

- now check the status bar. if it reads something like 'Loading tasks...' then you're ready to go
- if it reads something else (e.g. service temp. unavailable, just did this when I tried now), retype rtm, this will open the authorisation web page again, click 'Ok, I'll allow it' if necessary (probably it's not), go back to FARR and hit Enter

Also make sure to update to version 0.4.3 of the plugin which I just uploaded. Remember The Milk obviously have a new API endpoint (api.rememberthemilk.com instead of www.rememberthemilk.com) which they now advise to use.

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2008, 09:20 AM »
Concerning the 0.4.3 release. Apart from changing to the new api endpoint as suggested by RTM I've also 'fixed' a problem that would lead to the 'Uh oh page'. I say 'fixed' instead of fixed, because I've not really fixed anything, I've just changed the way FarrMilk handles an RTM API request that fails (the getFrob request). The getFrob request is needed to generate the authorisation URL. Until now I was using the value returned by that request even when it failed which obviously generated an invalid authorisation URL (which lead to the Uh oh page). If that request fails, I'll now no longer open the authorisation page (because I don't have a valid URL), but show an error message in the FARR status bar instead. This means that you'll probably never see the Uh oh page again. But that won't help you much if you had that problem, because now you'll just see the error message in FARR's status bar instead :(

To make a long story short: if anyone who wanted to use FarrMilk but couldn't because he never managed to actually authorise the service but always got the Uh oh page would mind to try the 0.4.3 release to check if the new endpoint makes any difference that would be cool.

vjcamarena

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2008, 10:51 AM »
Hey all, just joined!

I must say... I absolutely LOVE the idea... the program is very powerful and this plugin in particular seems to showcase all its potential.
However, I'm getting the same exact problem as pnikosis. It authentifies time and time again (telling me its all set).
I tried doing what you told him, but nothing changed.
If i get it to work, I'll get back to you. It is way too good an idea!

Victor

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2008, 04:33 PM »
Hey all, just joined!

I must say... I absolutely LOVE the idea... the program is very powerful and this plugin in particular seems to showcase all its potential.
However, I'm getting the same exact problem as pnikosis. It authentifies time and time again (telling me its all set).
I tried doing what you told him, but nothing changed.
If i get it to work, I'll get back to you. It is way too good an idea!

Victor
Hi Victor

Thanks for posting.

So when you check under Settings - Services in the rtm web interface, is FARR Remember The Milk plugin listed there?
And when you hit Enter on the Grant Access item when doing the authentication, what does it say in the FARR status bar just after hitting Enter?

vjcamarena

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2008, 04:39 AM »
Hey phitsc
thanks for the quick response!
yes, FarrMilk does appear in the authenticated list.

The thing is, after I hit enter on the autentification, it tells me "found 1 item in 1 seconds" (so it basically finds the rtm function again and runs it again, it seems) and then another autentification window pops up, this one tellling me that all is correctly autentificated (because it already authentificated as I wrote "rtm".

Once again thanks for the plugin... i  :-* it already for it's looks!

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 0.4.4
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2008, 03:59 PM »
Found it! Thanks vjcamarena for your help with this bug and also to Pnikosis for reporting it.

Pnikosis

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • indi.solubl.es
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2008, 03:58 AM »
Now with the new update it works :)

Great... no, awesome plugin!

colgaooo

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2008, 05:01 AM »
Hi,

when i try to write "rtm" i get this messages and could'nt authenticate.

thanks.

dav

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2008, 07:35 AM »
Yep, that's the one I was referring to in Reply #65. I'm afraid I have currently no idea what is causing it. Not even if the problem is on the plugin side or on RTM's. Your post at least proves that the new api endpoint makes no difference in that respect. The only advise I can currently give you is to just retry.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2008, 02:34 PM »
one possible avenue is to find another RTM desktop application and see if it has same problem? if not then its something with plugin, if so, then its something on users computer or with rtm api bug.

vjcamarena

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2008, 05:21 PM »
Yeah, as Pyknosis said... it now works and its really awesome!
About another RTM desktop applications, there are several here:
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/

Hope I could be of more use...