topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 3:41 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3  (Read 286481 times)

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.2
« Reply #175 on: February 12, 2011, 04:39 PM »
Musubi, does that mean it only started a month ago, i.e. before it was working all right?

Musubi

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • Bizarre
    • View Profile
    • My weird creations
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #176 on: February 13, 2011, 02:05 AM »
Well actually it's like that for many many months this is just the first time I you know decided to complain about it. I mean I deleted all the other plugins from FARR and that bug is still there. I checked the error log and posted it here hoping to get a hint why it's not working.

Here's what exactly is going on:

I type "rtm" in farr
I get the error box:
Find+ Run Robot Encountered an exception error (EAaccessViolation).

EAccessViolation

Access violation at adress 687E81F3. Read of adress 687E81F3

And then I get "find and run robot stopped working"

I'm using windows 7
Thank you for reading this post.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 02:18 AM by Musubi »

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #177 on: February 13, 2011, 01:46 PM »
So did the plugin actually ever work for you?

Musubi

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • Bizarre
    • View Profile
    • My weird creations
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #178 on: February 13, 2011, 02:16 PM »
Well yeah, I worked with it for  long time, actually it was the reason why I use remember the milk rather than toodledo. It just kind of stopped working suddenly once.

I did use it really often though.

iota

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #179 on: February 17, 2011, 09:15 AM »
Hi Phitsc,

I saw in your posts how to set a task to be due today or tomorrow, using the /today /tomorrow switches, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to set something to be due at a specific date and time.

When I put
/due friday

it just makes a task with the name "/due friday"
Everything else about this plugin is AMAZING, but this is infinitely frustrating. Please help save me in my ignorance!

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #180 on: February 17, 2011, 10:15 AM »
Hi Phitsc,

I saw in your posts how to set a task to be due today or tomorrow, using the /today /tomorrow switches, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to set something to be due at a specific date and time.

When I put
/due friday

it just makes a task with the name "/due friday"
Everything else about this plugin is AMAZING, but this is infinitely frustrating. Please help save me in my ignorance!

Hi iota,

Glad you like FarrMilk. Besides the /today and /tomorrow switches, there are two other ways to set a due date:

1. Enable Smart Add (in the options). With Smart Add enabled, you can type something like 'rtm a Buy milk next Monday' and RTM will parse the task name for something it considers to be a due date.

2. Use FarrMilk's /due switch like this (examples):
rtm a Buy milk /due:21.3.
rtm a Buy milk /due:"13.4.2011 12.45"

Note the following:
- When a parameter value (the stuff after the : ) contains a space, it needs to be enclosed in "
- The order of day and month depend on your regional settings
- The dividing char can be any of the following: / - . :

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #181 on: February 18, 2011, 01:54 AM »
Well yeah, I worked with it for  long time, actually it was the reason why I use remember the milk rather than toodledo. It just kind of stopped working suddenly once.

Musubi, would you mind checking if the problem is related to one of your tasks by creating a temporary RTM account and connecting to it with FarrMilk?

I'm going add some logging (or activate it, if it already has some, can't remember) for trying to find what the problem is at your end.

Musubi

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • Bizarre
    • View Profile
    • My weird creations
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #182 on: February 18, 2011, 08:43 AM »

Musubi, would you mind checking if the problem is related to one of your tasks by creating a temporary RTM account and connecting to it with FarrMilk?

I'm going add some logging (or activate it, if it already has some, can't remember) for trying to find what the problem is at your end.

Well here's what I did now:

I  uninstalled farr and deleted all the settings program folder, app data folder etc.
Then I installed it and used your installation exe.
And then I write rtm in far and it crashes - it doesn't even get to the point in which I link it to any account.

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #183 on: February 18, 2011, 08:48 AM »

I  uninstalled farr and deleted all the settings program folder, app data folder etc.
And then I write rtm in far and it crashes - it doesn't even get to the point in which I link it to any account.

Not happy to hear that :(. But thanks for checking it out anyway. Ok, I'll give you a shout when I have a FarrMilk version which tells us how far it's getting until it crashes, if that's ok.

Musubi

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • Bizarre
    • View Profile
    • My weird creations
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #184 on: February 19, 2011, 07:17 AM »

Not happy to hear that :(. But thanks for checking it out anyway. Ok, I'll give you a shout when I have a FarrMilk version which tells us how far it's getting until it crashes, if that's ok.
Well I'm still grateful you  tried to help, and I must say that your plugin is the best desktop app for remember the milk. I used it daily, when I could that is.

iota

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #185 on: February 21, 2011, 12:08 PM »
Phitsc,

Thanks for the help, turning on parsing worked wonders for me! Just one more question (for now that is : )

Can I add a task and complete it with the same command? (I use RTM to keep track of the things i've done in a weekly report to my manager).

Example:

rtm a printed TPS reports for Andrew /completed (some other command)

Forgive me if it's obvious, thanks!

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #186 on: February 21, 2011, 01:59 PM »
Phitsc,

Thanks for the help, turning on parsing worked wonders for me! Just one more question (for now that is : )

Can I add a task and complete it with the same command? (I use RTM to keep track of the things i've done in a weekly report to my manager).

Example:

rtm a printed TPS reports for Andrew /completed (some other command)

Forgive me if it's obvious, thanks!

I'm afraid that's not currently possible.

ilq

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #187 on: March 22, 2011, 07:13 AM »
I don't make parametr "/repeat" in my task. I write "rtm a nametask /t:tagname /r:everyday", but repeat-parametr no set. What do i incorrectly?

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #188 on: March 22, 2011, 07:58 AM »
I don't make parametr "/repeat" in my task. I write "rtm a nametask /t:tagname /r:everyday", but repeat-parametr no set. What do i incorrectly?

That is strange, it works fine here.

This web page shows the acceptable values: https://www.remember...ics/repeatformat.rtm

Note that if you add something with spaces, FarrMilk requires it to be in quotes, e.g.

rtm a Some repeating task /r:"every 2 weeks"

but I tried

rtm a Some repeating task /r:everyday

and it actually worked.

byb3

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #189 on: March 28, 2011, 07:33 AM »
I'm a new user to this plugin and FARR and I'm having a similar problem as described.

I can't seem to link FARR with my RTM account.  I type in rtm and it brings up the page to link to the RTM API, I click 'OK, I'll allow it' and RTM verifies it saying that this application is now allowed.  But when I go back to FARR and press Enter nothing happens.  If i try to type something in it will bring up the API Authorisation page again and again.  I must have Authorized it at least 10 times but the plugin isn't responding.

If I right click on the 'Grant Access Permission' option then I am told that it can't find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\FindAndRunRobot\Plugins\FarrMilk\' make sure you type the name correctly and try again.  If I goto the error log of the plugin then it is full of this message:

01:31 PM, Monday, March 28, 2011
 Error initializing plugin do_init function
C:\Program Files (x86)\FindAndRunRobot\Plugins\FarrMilk\libcurl.dll

I hope you can help as I can't use it right now :(

Thanks,

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #190 on: March 28, 2011, 02:22 PM »
I guess you've already tried to do the whole process again, i.e. revoke the authorisation in the RTM web GUI, then restart FARR, type RTM, give authorisation in RTM web GUI, press enter in FARR?

If you want you can screen cast what you're doing (http://www.screentoaster.com/) and PM me a link to check what might be going wrong.

chrisj

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #191 on: June 01, 2011, 11:50 AM »

I am having the same issue as byb3 -- I type in rtm and it brings up the page to link to the RTM API, I click 'OK, I'll allow it' and RTM verifies it saying that this application is now allowed. However, if I go to the Services tab under my settings in RTM, it does not list the FARR RTM plug-in in my list of authorized services. Maybe this is why it doesn't work? I don't know why RTM would say that it's authorized and not authorize it though.

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #192 on: June 07, 2011, 10:20 AM »
Sorry for the late reply. I'm afraid I have no idea how to help you guys at the moment :(

chrisj

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #193 on: August 16, 2011, 09:48 AM »
I figured out my issue - I wasn't completely following the directions. After typing 'rtm' in FARR for authorization, I would close FARR instead of leaving it open. I got it to work when i RTFM.  :)

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #194 on: August 16, 2011, 10:14 AM »
I figured out my issue - I wasn't completely following the directions. After typing 'rtm' in FARR for authorization, I would close FARR instead of leaving it open. I got it to work when i RTFM.  :)

Hey, thanks very much for reporting! :Thmbsup:

AJolly

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #195 on: October 07, 2011, 03:06 PM »
I'm using this plugin, and really love it - I switched from launchy to FARR for this plugin.  The only downside I have is - is there any way to have offline functionality? Right now, if I try and add a task and my machine is not connected to the internet, it asks to re authenticate and loses my added task.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #196 on: October 11, 2011, 07:24 AM »
Hi AJolly, welcome to the site  :up:

I'm not the author but I don't think there is a way to use it offline I'm afraid.

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #197 on: October 11, 2011, 09:44 AM »
Sorry for the late reply. I'm afraid Mouser is correct, FarrMilk can not be used offline.

Koenie

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #198 on: October 16, 2011, 02:45 PM »
Any possibility to configure userid and password for the proxy? The test tool gives me the message that I should authenticate on our proxy (which is the case for normal web browsing too).
Thanks!

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #199 on: October 17, 2011, 02:59 AM »
I'll look into it.