Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 27, 2014, 12:32:44 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: FARR plugin: FARR Remember The Milk 1.1.3  (Read 127755 times)
phitsc
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #150 on: September 10, 2009, 08:11:25 AM »

But the new RTM input syntax should work if the FarrMilk option 'Parse task name for due date' is enabled. If someone cares to try please tell me if it works and I'll rename the option to better reflect the new functionality.

I just tried it. Something like:

rtm a this is a new task ^sept11

Does not work although it does work in the web interface.

I just tried this myself and it actually does work. Are you sure you enabled 'Parse task name for due date' in the FarrMilk options?

reckoner
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #151 on: September 10, 2009, 08:27:01 AM »

I just tried this myself and it actually does work. Are you sure you enabled 'Parse task name for due date' in the FarrMilk options?

You are correct. My mistake.

Sorry.

I am having a tough week.Sad
phitsc
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #152 on: September 10, 2009, 08:42:54 AM »

You are correct. My mistake.

Sorry.

I am having a tough week.Sad

The weekend is not far! smiley

reckoner
Supporting Member

« Reply #153 on: September 18, 2009, 08:30:54 AM »

Somewhat off topic, but 100% due to my own enthusiasm, I accidentally renamed all tasks in my RTM inbox.  Somehow the Internet connection barfed along the way so I was unable to 'undo' this.  I have sent RTM support an e-mail asking them to restore my tasks.

Has anyone had them restore tasks? I don't know if this is possible or if I should just get on with my life.

thanks.

paarkhi
Supporting Member

« Reply #154 on: September 19, 2009, 01:27:32 AM »

I uploaded a new FScript version that fix the issue :

http://e.craft.free.fr/fa.../FScript/fscript.1.16.dll

Thank you to all those attentive eyes for founding the bug.

Error for the file download!
@Request to the poster please look into it.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #155 on: September 19, 2009, 11:33:04 AM »

Hang in there reckoner -- we all have those weeks where it seems like nothing is going right..
reckoner
Supporting Member

« Reply #156 on: September 27, 2009, 05:22:37 PM »

Hang in there reckoner -- we all have those weeks where it seems like nothing is going right..

Thanks. Turns out that RTM can't restore tasks, even for Pro members. Since I had to start over anyway, I migrated to ToodleDo, which is not as slick, but more structured than RTM. I am finding it overall more useful since you can examine statistics on your tasks, see them on a calendar, and just generally organize them better in layers using subtasks. Also, ToodleDo support twitter.com integration so it still works with FARR via the twitter plugin.

Thanks!

Arithmomaniac
Participant

« Reply #157 on: September 30, 2009, 08:05:37 PM »

I don't see incomplete tasks due before tomorrow in FarrMilk. Anyone else have this problem?
Arithmomaniac
phitsc
Honorary Member

« Reply #158 on: October 01, 2009, 03:09:58 AM »

I don't see incomplete tasks due before tomorrow in FarrMilk. Anyone else have this problem?
Arithmomaniac
Indeed.

phitsc
Honorary Member

« Reply #159 on: October 01, 2009, 04:32:23 AM »

Arithmomaniac
Indeed.

I'm afraid now that I had a quick look at it in the debugger, I can't reproduce it any more Sad

Arithmomaniac
Participant

« Reply #160 on: October 06, 2009, 01:08:36 AM »

Arithmomaniac
Indeed.

I'm afraid now that I had a quick look at it in the debugger, I can't reproduce it any more Sad

How about now? It's still a problem for me...
Arithmomaniac
phitsc
Honorary Member

« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2009, 03:36:02 AM »

Arithmomaniac
Indeed.

How about now? It's still a problem for me...
Arithmomaniac

Sorry for the lack of response. If you're willing to help I'll make you a special release with some debug code sometime next week.

Arithmomaniac
Participant

« Reply #162 on: October 09, 2009, 12:31:51 PM »

Sorry for the lack of response. If you're willing to help I'll make you a special release with some debug code sometime next week.

Sure. What do you mean by "help"?
phitsc
Honorary Member

« Reply #163 on: October 11, 2009, 05:21:55 PM »

Sure. What do you mean by "help"?

It just means you're willing to take the time to install the special debug version, run it, capture the debug output with a special tool and send that output to me by PM or email for analysis.

Arithmomaniac
Participant

« Reply #164 on: October 16, 2009, 01:06:28 PM »

Still up for testing ... just send me a debug copy.
Arithmomaniac
Saturday24
Participant

« Reply #165 on: May 18, 2010, 02:43:54 PM »

Is there a way to set the due date at the same time as creating the task? Or must you create the task and then find the task to set up the due date?

I know how to set up the tag at the same time as setting up the task... for example:
rtm add task do something /tag:whatever

Ideas?
phitsc
Honorary Member

« Reply #166 on: May 18, 2010, 03:15:34 PM »

Is there a way to set the due date at the same time as creating the task? Or must you create the task and then find the task to set up the due date?

I know how to set up the tag at the same time as setting up the task... for example:
rtm add task do something /tag:whatever

Ideas?
Hi Saturday24

Welcome to the donationcoder.com forums!

You can indeed set a task's due date at the same time as you create the task. This works just the same way as you did with the tag, i.e.

rtm add task some description /due:"21. May 2010"

note the " " because of the spaces.

The following is also possible:

rtm add task some description /due:tomorrow

Additionally, Farr RTM also supports RTM Smart Add (needs to be enabled in the options). With Smart Add enabled, you could do something like this:

rtm add task some description next monday

to set the task's due date to next Monday

You can find more about creating tasks in the help file. Select 'Commands' in the Menu on the left, then the 'Adding a task' link.

Hope this helps. Any more questions, feel free to ask smiley

mark_ninan
Participant

« Reply #167 on: October 05, 2010, 02:44:10 AM »

Hi Phitsc,

Just wondering... nowadays as ppl have more than 1 computer.. it's be great if FARR Remember the Milk could be synchronized with 2 or more PCs. Just a suggestion - perhaps with Dropbox or something with excellent syncing capabilities already. Is it possible to do something like that?

Regards
Mark
phitsc
Honorary Member

« Reply #168 on: October 05, 2010, 04:30:57 AM »

Hi Phitsc,

Just wondering... nowadays as ppl have more than 1 computer.. it's be great if FARR Remember the Milk could be synchronized with 2 or more PCs. Just a suggestion - perhaps with Dropbox or something with excellent syncing capabilities already. Is it possible to do something like that?

Regards
Mark

What is it you'd like to have synchronised? I mean, all the tasks come from the RTM server. And it's possible to log into your RTM account with FarrMilk from two different PCs I think.

dismory
Participant

« Reply #169 on: November 08, 2010, 06:42:45 PM »

Hi, I am a FarrMilk user from China.

The plugin makes me more productivity and works well for me excepting one thing. All the Chinese characters in the tag names and in the task note become Unrecognizable Code, however, the Chinese characters in the task names have been displayed properly.

What can I do for this?

The screen snapshots are in attachments

1.png and 2.png show the Unrecognizable Code
3.png show normal Chinese characters

Btw, the power user's shortcut "Changing a task's location" and "Archiving a list" are both "cl".

* 1.PNG (42.38 KB, 271x492 - viewed 150 times.)

* 2.PNG (13.03 KB, 537x75 - viewed 167 times.)

* 3.PNG (29.49 KB, 563x187 - viewed 159 times.)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 07:47:48 PM by dismory » Logged
phitsc
Honorary Member

« Reply #170 on: November 09, 2010, 04:12:00 AM »

Well, they all look quite unrecognisable to me Wink I'll see if I can fix this.

phitsc
Honorary Member

« Reply #171 on: November 10, 2010, 03:46:48 PM »

dismory, please update to 1.1.2 and check if tags and notes work ok for you now. Both should now support UTF8 characters. I've also changed the power user command for archiving a list to 'vl'.

Many thanks for reporting these issues! Thmbsup

sboardman
Participant

« Reply #172 on: November 12, 2010, 03:59:29 PM »

I've just downloaded the latest version of FARR and FARRMilk but I can't seem to get it to work.

I've extracted it to the right place and used the initial command to ensure it's authorised with my RTM account, but next time I try and use it FARR crashes.

I get an EAccess Violation notification with an error code of 647581F3.

Has anyone got any ideas?
phitsc
Honorary Member

« Reply #173 on: November 12, 2010, 05:04:13 PM »

sboardman, if you've installed any other FARR plugins, make sure the FScript-based ones use at least fscript version 1.16. See here: http://www.donationcoder....15086.msg156890#msg156890

Musubi
Supporting Member

Bizarre

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #174 on: February 12, 2011, 05:19:40 AM »

Well each time I write "rtm" the whole find and run robot program crashes, I really do not know why, and it's like that for a month.
The error log says:
Error initializing plugin do_init function
C:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\Plugins\farmilk\libcurl.dll

« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 05:21:26 AM by Musubi » Logged

Thank you for reading this post.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.046s | Server load: 0.28 ]