ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Move Maximized Window to Other Dual Screen Monitor (Again Maximized)

(1/4) > >>

Christian.Eitner:
Hi,

The task at hand to be solved is rather straightforward:

- I have a dual monitor system (laptop with external monitor as primary screen). The screen sizes are different.
- I have a window on one of the screens.
- I want to have the window maximized on the other screen.

Even though this sounds simple enough, I have often longed for an automated tool to do this. Especially if the window is maximized on the first screen, you have to un-maximize (i.e., restore) it, drag it to the other screen and then maximize it again. Those precious seconds that interrupt the workflow... :-)

I reckon that it might be nontrivial to figure out into which direction/to which coordinates to move the window before maximizing it again.

The user interface to this tool should be a (probably customizable) keyboard shortcut which applied the method to the currently active window.

Cheers,

Christian

Codebyte:
While I cannot post a solution immediately, I am looking into this as I would be interested on coding something for you. I am going to speak with a few other DC members in the IRC channel after class as to what the best way to go about this would be. If anyone else can provide something that does the task better, please do... I'll keep you updated to my status on this prooject in the time coming.

jgpaiva:
Well, there's quite a few options for this task. Here's 2 that come to mind: UltraMon and my own GridMove.
Ultramon adds a button to send window to the other screen, and GridMove allows you to move the window more easily.
Doing exactly what you mentioned wouldn't be very hard, just check these and if none fit you, say something ;)

kreatorr:
similarly, the Windowpad (search around these forums) autohotkey-based program allows you to press Appkey-Spacebar to move your maximized window from one monitor to another.

Christian.Eitner:
similarly, the Windowpad (search around these forums) autohotkey-based program allows you to press Appkey-Spacebar to move your maximized window from one monitor to another.
-kreatorr (September 23, 2008, 09:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Windowpad is _exactly_ my cup of tea :-)

Thanks a lot!

Christian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version