ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The New (And Improved?) VLC

<< < (4/12) > >>

Grorgy:
That file plays fine on VLC here for me.  I've not ever managed to crash VLC even giving it silly files, it wont play a doc or an ini file but it hasnt crashed

Paul Keith:
Hmm...strange. It does on mine here and I didn't do anything but install it. You're using the Windows version right?

Grorgy:
Yeah I am using windows xp sp3. A new release, a bug fix release (0.9.3) came out today or yesterday, it may solve your problem, then again it may be something else entirely.  Unfortunately their forum is closed during this release, got overloaded so if that doesn't work try there in a few days would be my suggestion.

PhilB66:
VLC media player 0.9.3 released (bug fix mainly) ... but not for Windows  :(

Download Now for Windows (14 MB). This is version 0.9.2, we do not have a 0.9.3 windows release.
--- End quote ---

We are putting out a call for NEW Windows developers. At the moment, our Windows-port is sorely missing some much needed love from a true Windows developer. Our team has been without a Windows developer for several months now, which is blocking us from supporting our largest usergroup in the manner we want to. We are therefore looking for developers to help our team in the areas of debugging crashes, Direct X, A/V capturing, ActiveX and Windows integration, so we can hopefully resume supporting our largest group of users in the best possible way. If we are unable to find new developers, new versions of VLC media player for Windows might become less frequent and severely out of sync with the Linux and Mac OS X versions.
--- End quote ---

Ehtyar:
0.9.4 is the latest (windows) nightly, I haven't noticed any issues with it thus far.

Ehtyar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version