ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What Sports Do You Participate In?

<< < (8/10) > >>

gogogadgetscott:
cycling (road and mountain), rock climbing (indoor and out), bowling, and darts

bgd77:
Here in Romania, footbal (soccer, for non-europeans) is the most important sport there can be. I go with my co-workers and play every Tuesday. I also play table tennis and chess, and others, but less frequently. A sport I would like to participate in, but I do not have where, is rugby.  :(

vegas:
I used to partake in:  Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Kickball, Volleyball

I currently play for recreation:  Basketball, Racquetball, Tennis (learning)

Would like to do more of:  Baseball, Biking, Hiking/Climbing, Kickball, Soccer

Nothing competitive currently, unfortunately.  Ohh and don't forget to Just Say NO to GOLF!

psionics:
I participate with "freestyle Nunchaku" ~ I dunno if it can be classified as sport or extreme sports or just a hobby.. check my video @ http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=hapuzi  those moves are just community-based/forum/self-taught located at freestyleforum.net(in which I hope I am not advertising it). It has online activities like tournament/prizes/ladder battles(PVP) thru youtube and forum poll voting system. freestyle nunchaku(aka freechaku) is the modern version of nunchaku exhibition in a very innovative and unbelievable ways.

Other Activities I do is chopsticks throwing(using knife throwing technique applied with chopsticks).. and the common stuffs I do is Skateboarding..

Curt:
When I was six years of age my big brother forced me to join him in the judo & jiu jitsu club. Later on he expanded it to this new thing in Denmark: karate. After some years I was lucky to get hit by rupture, and was free to stay at home. I might have learned to love these sports if anyone had ever care to ASK me if I actually wanted to go! He also assumed that I would like to learn how to shoot. I was maybe like 8 years old when I owned my first small caliber riffle, and maybe 12 when I had free private access to his guns. But again, I was never asked.

I started biking a lot, and as a young adult I played a little badminton and volleyball. I didn't join any organisation at the time but kept these sports as occasional hobbies for the fun of it. I was a soldier for many years, so I never felt any need for sports... When I stopped soldiering, my body wouldn't hear about athletic sports, so I took up shooting various types of pistols, guns, and riffles, and easily won a couple of minor competitions. But I didn't feel any joy doing it (too many memories?), so I stopped all together.

Wiffle-Ball  http://www.wiffle.com/welcome.htm
I don't have a choice. I grew up in the town where it was invented. ;D -40hz (September 22, 2008, 08:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for telling about this sport, 40hz  :up:

My situation today is a little similar, but only a little. Handball was invented in Denmark (and refined in Germany, for tournaments), and my only activity today, being old, fat, and partly disabled, is to watch handball :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version