ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What Sports Do You Participate In?

(1/10) > >>

VideoInPicture:
I'm an avid bicycle racer on the road. What sports are people around here involved in?

Fedorov:
I ride unicycles, been doing this for about 5 years now, my 10yr old daughter has been riding since she was 6 as well.
Great fun, VERY ADDICTIVE, great for building peoples self-confidence and keeps you really fit and healthy.
We have LOTS of members at our weekly club, many new members arrive each week through word-of-mouth and on weekends we go out for Muni rides (Mountain Unicycling) - try searching YouTube for "muni unicycle" and you'll see plenty of video clips :)

fenixproductions:
None. It could kill me :D

tomos:
I started playing Boules early this summer -
very unsporty maybe but if you love trying to throw things into the bin from a distance you'd love it too :)

It's a nice excuse to be outside for hours at an end too
Played in my first tournament lately & came last but got a very nice consolation prize. So, I mightnt get into it too competitively, but, it is a good feeling if you throw a 700 gram (1&1/2 lb) ball ten yards and hit exactly the ball you wanted to and send it flying ... just need to make that happen more often  ;)

Apart from that I like walking in the woods or wherever, cycling too but neither really as a "sport" - just enjoy them when I do them ...

I'm an avid bicycle racer on the road. What sports are people around here involved in?
-VideoInPicture (September 22, 2008, 03:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
When you say a racer - do you mean sprinting / long distance / mountains or a bit of all ?

VideoInPicture:
-VideoInPicture (September 22, 2008, 03:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
When you say a racer - do you mean sprinting / long distance / mountains or a bit of all ?
-tomos (September 22, 2008, 05:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

I primarily race on the road, so typical ride lengths are 80-120 kms here. I also do a bit of track cycling races. I'm a lightweight sprinter type, which means I do good on courses that are not too hilly, but also not too flat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version