ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FF and Gmail users: is there any way to assign a shortcut to 'compose message'?

(1/2) > >>

urlwolf:
This is for FF and Gmail users only: Is there any way to assign a shortcut to 'compose message'? I mean if you are not on the gmail tab; I know that c is 'compose'. But what if I'm in some other tab and I want to send a msg really quick?

Thanks!

cmpm:
After clicking 'Compose Mail', drag the internet icon from the address bar to the desktop.
Then you could put it in quick launch or whatever you use for quick access to web sites.

The compose mail page will come up blank. If you have certain people you mail all the time you could put that info in before dragging the icon to the desktop. Then it should come up with the info in it when clicked.

And it will open in a new tab, it does on mine anyway.

anjan_oleti:
I never knew the internet icon in the address bar is draggable... Thanks for the tip :)

I use the "Gmail Manager" extension... i have configured the middle-click on the status bar icon to take me to the compose page

cmpm:
you are welcome anjan

i'm not sure what type of shortcut urlwolf is looking for though

app103:
An AHK script to open this link with the hotkey of your choice would work, even outside of your browser:

http://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=&su=

Anybody want to make a nice polished script with a tray icon & all?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version