ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

video players

<< < (2/2)

fenixproductions:
2zridling
You forgot to mention that SMPlayer (KMPlayer too) doesn't require codecs to be installed in the system. It has it's own set of it. You can just download binary codecs from: http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html and it will work on any machine you like. Very good solution for keeping it on pendrive.

PS. I've never liked mplayer frontends and I prefere commandline version. Oh! And sometimes I use KMPlayer.

zridling:
Thanks for the link, fenix!  :Thmbsup:

4wd:
I'll second that jgpaiva - if it doesn't play anywhere else, it'll play in MPC!  :Thmbsup:
-CleverCat (September 20, 2008, 02:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Used to use MPC but I found something better: MPC-HC

However I find that the latest build, (1.1.604.0), seems to have problems when playing back or maybe I'm having it conflict with something.

MPC-HC also has integrated codecs in a single binary ~2.10MB when UPX'd.

PS. I'd love to know what deranged person thought the newlook SourceForge would be a good idea.

jgpaiva:
4wd: I wouldn't recommend MPC-HC.. I repeatedly found videos that wouldn't play in it, or would only have audio or stuff like that.

4wd:
4wd: I wouldn't recommend MPC-HC.. I repeatedly found videos that wouldn't play in it, or would only have audio or stuff like that.
-jgpaiva (September 20, 2008, 01:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've used it for almost a year however I always have ffdshow installed for encoding anyway, so I set MPC-HC to use it for decoding.

Plus I rarely view anything other than MPEG2 or 4 - if it's some other format it gets deleted, (eg. Flash based crap), or if I really must keep it, (unlikely), then it gets transcoded to MPEG4 so it can play on my standalone.

I don't know what it is with the latest version, 1.1.604.0, but it just wouldn't last more than 20-30 mins on the internal codecs on my system.   1.1.0.0 however, runs fine on it's internal codecs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version