ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

This man knows what is he talking about! (CHECK IT OUT!)

<< < (2/3) > >>

mrHappy:
bioshock, but no system shock 1/2?
that alone makes his list/video void.

Deozaan:
Dude, when a character's best games are the ones where he doesn't talk...that's when you know civilization is about to crumble.
-Paul Keith (September 19, 2008, 02:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

I disagree. The Half-Life games are among the best the FPS genre has ever seen.

Oh, and I'm guessing your comment is in regard to the Zelda games. Naturally Link's best games are when he doesn't talk. Have you seen the ones where he does?

"I can't wait to bomb some dodongos!"

All of the dialog in the above video is from the Zelda CD-i games.

Paul Keith:
Dude, when a character's best games are the ones where he doesn't talk...that's when you know civilization is about to crumble.
--- End quote ---

Oh, and I'm guessing your comment is in regard to the Zelda games. Naturally Link's best games are when he doesn't talk. Have you seen the ones where he does?

"I can't wait to bomb some dodongos!"

All of the dialog in the above video is from the Zelda CD-i games.
-Deozaan (September 20, 2008, 03:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Let's agree to disagree then.  :P

I hated Half-Life like the pit of Hades but it could be because I never got past the reality that I could dominate the early opponents with a crowbar. I mean a crowbar?! A freaking crowbar against aliens!!!???

That or the FPS genre might just not be my cup of tea. Seriously, if I knew how to program and was asked to make a FPS, I'd end up making Daikatana 2: No More Super Flies

Oh and Link sounds decent enough in that Zelda cartoon.

KenR:
--- End quote ---
... some stuff here ...
-Deozaan (September 20, 2008, 03:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Deozaan,
I have no idea what this thread is about and I'm too darn lazy to figure it out. I wanted to write though to strongly support what you said about the Half-Life games. I think these games were spectacular. I could go on and on saying how and why, but I'll just say what I did and that I couldn't agree more with you regarding what you said.

Ken

f0dder:
I hated Half-Life like the pit of Hades but it could be because I never got past the reality that I could dominate the early opponents with a crowbar. I mean a crowbar?! A freaking crowbar against aliens!!!???-Paul Keith (September 20, 2008, 05:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
A crowbar would be quite effective against humans, so why not aliens as well?

I loved half-life and half-life 2 + the extra episodes. Decent graphics (but not over-the-top, runs great even on older hardware), nice storyline, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version