ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Does TweakMASTER Pro really work?

(1/2) > >>

BCHOWDHURY:
Dear DC members,

Can anyone of you really say whether this much hyped software TweakMASTER Pro really delivers what it says? I have GPRS/EDGE (115.2) kbps on my cellphone, which I use as modem. I have not been able to get any noticeable speed from this application. Actually, none at all. Today, I had almost bought it, thinking that purchased version could really work. But I thought I should ask you before purchasing. Any user? Any opinion?

alivingspirit:
For those of you who don't know what it is.
http://www.tweakmaster.com/

All of these web optimizers seem kind of shady to me.
Do you really need to pay for a web optimizer when there are so many free ones?
From what I am reading, the only web accelerator which does anything substantial is the Google Web Accelerator.

Curt:
... I have not been able to get any noticeable speed from this application. ...-BCHOWDHURY (September 19, 2008, 10:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

- but you did start out by first using "Connection Optimization Wizard", right?

and of course you are on Internet Explorer.

BCHOWDHURY:
You are right Curt. I did indeed start with "Connection Optimization Wizard". I am not willing to mess the settings by doing something of which I have no knowledge. I am using IE 8 Beta. Can you help?

Curt:
I don't think you can expect it to work on IE8. It was written for IE (5 ?), 6 and 7, but has not been that much updated lately.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version