ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 7 -- ribbons for everyone!

<< < (6/16) > >>

zridling:
For me, the ribbon carries several disadvantages:

* it's too 1st grade-looking, as if I'm too stupid to use a menu;

* eats up a ridiculous amount of valuable screen space (float this thing as a sidebar since we're all using WIDEscreens now);

* it diminishes the role -- and efficiency -- of keyboard shortcuts.
And as someone mentioned, it defeats the purpose when you only have two tabs in these simple apps. Seriously, does anyone use WordPad or MSPaint... ever?

Paul Keith:
Carol: fortunatelly.. Not :)

I think most of what you mention really reminds me of some linux distributions, and there's a VERY good reason they don't prosper as much as windows: (i'm repeating myself) most people have no idea what it means to install software!
Most people really just want to get their stuff done, which ironically, is the "moto" of Apple.
Truth is, if windows did that, it'd loose pretty much all of its costumer base, as they'd turn to apple.
Actually, even though things are pretty simple in windows right now, loads and loads of people are moving to apple to have things even simpler!
-jgpaiva (September 19, 2008, 03:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

This thing could be easily solved if Windows ALSO came with a tweaker like nlite by default. Don't tell me MS is too stupid to create a user friendly GUI for casual users and power users alike.

I'm still skeptical about the Apple hype. Get their stuff done with Apple? How many exclusive features does Apple have that makes it easy to get things done with it?

fenixproductions:
2zridling
I use MSPaint for making windows screenshots. I know that there are many better tools for such purpose but I always catch myself blindly pressing PrtScr, Win+R and writing "mspaint" to get screenshots done.

Hopefully: last time I used Wordpad was few years ago. I've replaced this app by QJot.

TucknDar:
Wordpad must be the most useless app in Windows. There, a completely useless remark, but I just felt like it. 8)

Paul Keith:
Wordpad must be the most useless app in Windows. There, a completely useless remark, but I just felt like it. 8)
-TucknDar (September 20, 2008, 04:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Have you tried Windows Firewall for XP?  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version