ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FinePrint vs. priPrinter

<< < (6/14) > >>

Darwin:
Fedorov, which version are you using? The 1.5 beta starts with the same window size it had last time it was closed on my computer. Is that enough? Or do you request that even if the window was de-maximized last time it was open it should still open maximized next time?
-Nod5 (October 03, 2008, 03:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm using the latest stable release (ie, not the beta) and this works for me as well - if I maximize the priPrinter window and close it, it opens maximized from then on... As for the preview pane itself, it would be nice to be able to have it shown "fit to view" or something like that as each time I run it the view defaults to 66%. Actually, looking at it, I think this is a bug because the indicator is to the left of the middle of the slider, which by my reckoning means "less than 50%". Just an observation... The mid=point is 100%; moving the slider all the way to the right is 500%...

Nod5:
Here's another quirk with priPrinter (1.5 beta): in the left column it displays thumbnails of all pages in each printjob. Now, if I print job1 and, without closing the preview window, print job2, then the two jobs are both displayed in that column. If I then click the "previous arrow" at the bottom of the column then priPrinter jumps to the previous printjob. If I then click the "next arrow" I go back to the current printjob. Only now they are separated so that I first see job2 and have to click again to see (only) job1. That's confusing. What's more confusing, the next/previous buttons loop around so pressing "next" while displaying the most recent printjob jumps to the oldest previous printjob.

Darwin:
As much as I like priPrinter, I'm going to stick with Fineprint 6. I already own a license and it does everything I need it to... If I didn't already have a license for this kind of application, I'd be looking very seriously at priPrinter.

Dormouse:
If I didn't already have a license for this kind of application, I'd be looking very seriously at ...-Darwin (October 03, 2008, 12:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
Is it the credit crunch bringing on this newfound restraint ???   :-\ ;) ;)

Darwin:
Heh, heh, no... more a growing sense of fiscal responsibility, coupled with the fact that I also already own a license for Clickbook 11 that I'm not using as well  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version