ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Please Help Me "Transition" to Internet Exploder...err Explorer

<< < (3/7) > >>

Darwin:
I'm quite leery of IE Pro... or have they cleaned up their act? IIRC, they were accused about a year ago of shipping with mal and/or spyware?

ALivingSpirit is right, though. What sort of functions are you looking for, tinjaw?

Paul Keith:
No idea Darwin but when I tried it back then, it looked pretty clean to me. Could be one of those, install an additional toolbar thing that most power users know about already but nothing suspicious in the main extension that my anti-spyware alerted me to.

Darwin:
Thanks, Paul. I just looked into it a bit and everyone seems happy with it in Google-land. There's a thread on DC about it from about a year ago as well...

Tinjaw - have you looked at M$' own plug-in page for IE7? Admittedly it links to a lot of 3rd party stuff, but might be worth a look: http://www.ieaddons.com/en/default.aspx?cid=home&scid=0

Paul Keith:
All I can say is be wary of the IE add-ons page. When I was surfing at it back then, IE Pro was the only one that was the only one that I saw useful.

4wd:
Sorry but portable software is not an option for me. I cannot run anything from a USB stick on the work computers.

Otherwise I wouldn't have posted this question and would be running Portable Firefox.  ;)
-tinjaw (September 18, 2008, 03:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Are you able to use CDs?

How about a portable version on a credit card sized CD(RW)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version