ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Please Help Me "Transition" to Internet Exploder...err Explorer

(1/7) > >>

tinjaw:
Due to work being work and government work on top of that, ignorance and bureaucracy have prevailed and I must (temporarily, I hope) use IE exclusively at work.

I live inside Firefox at home, and up until now, also at work.

I have memorized a bunch of hotkeys and run dozens of extensions that I pretty much rely upon on an hourly basis.

My question to the forum is...

What are the "must-have" addons/hacks/extensions/workarounds for IE that will make my IE experience much more productive?

I would like some serious answers, please, as this is work-related and I am not just doing this for the fun of the experience. Thank you for your kind assistance in this manner.  :D

I guess I should add that I only have standard user privileges on a Win XP Pro box on a Windows Domain, so I cannot install any EXEs. It is my understanding that IE7 has something similar to Firefox Extensions that can be added by regular (non-privledged) users.

kartal:
You can try this ie hack, it has extra features

http://www.fenrir-inc.com/us/sleipnir/

"Sleipnir Overview
Sleipnir is designed to be a highly customizable browser that you can configure to suit your individual needs. With Sleipnir, you can create your ideal browser by changing the design, skin, and visual appearance. You can also add custom functionality to Sleipnir with a wide range of plugins and user scripts. Users love Seipnir for it's unique blend of high-performance and customizability!
"

Darwin:
Unfortunately, Sleipnir, like Maxthon (which I was going to suggest), is installed via an exe installer. Dunno if the portable (USB) version would work for Tinajw, though?

kartal:
I use portable zip version, it works here.

fenixproductions:
TheWorld Browser is portable too:
http://www.ioage.com/en/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version