ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Text Editor

UltraEdit 11 - Best text editor?

<< < (4/11) > >>

SindbaD:
Hi mouser,
Reading VIM help is really painful, but sometimes necessary:)
- Column mode: if VIM is installed, in vim\doc directory read read index.txt and visual.txt
- Hex mode: switch to hex view: :%!xxd to back to normal view: :%!xxd -r
(I know it seems to be horrible, but it can be placed under a menu, and You don't need typing this always. If you have standard VIM menus, You can find it under Tools menu)
- Folding: See fold.txt. It's very easy to use.
Regards: SindbaD

PS: Could you explain what was your problem with zeus? In my opinion it's the 3rd editor (after Pspad and VIM) but I may wrong and I am interested which features You think are missing?

mouser:
boxer added to review;
indeed it has some very nice features.

however it is also rendered completely unacceptable by a bad wordwrap implementation.
funny that's 2 good editors that i consider unusable because of their word-wrap functionality.

however i can see that making these reviews more open to member suggestions before publication is going to really improve their thoroughness; it's awfully hard for one person to know about every program in a class.

SindbaD:
Yes.
I can give help if You need more details about next editors: VIM, PsPad, TextPad, Zeus. These are my favourites and I have experience of using them in daily routines.
Regards: SindbaD

mouser:
im trying zeus again and im being very impressed with it as a text editor.
i can see you must know the field of programming editors quite well.
let me finish evaluating zeus and i'll repost.

SindbaD:
Fine,
I am curious the result. You can focus of the templates in zeus, it's convenient and in the latest version, code folding is possible.
Have a good evaluation!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version