ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Idea: Pop out from directory

(1/2) > >>

pongosnodgrass:
For people like myself who unrar/unzip a lot it can become a pain when the item we unzip (into the current directory) unzips but also creates a sub directory so this means going into that subdirectory , highlighting everything , cut and then navigating back to the parent directory and pasting.

It would be cool if we could highlight files, right click and select a 'pop out' option where all selected files were moved the directory above.

Thanks for reading :-)

Pongo

jgpaiva:
Hi!
And welcome to DC :)

I know someone complained about this earlier.
There's a better solution than what you're thinking. Here on DC, someone made a program that unzips stuff always to the top directory, thus, it never creates the subdirectory you mentioned (even if it exists in the rar) ;).
Unfortunatelly, after a quick search, I wasn't able to find this program. But I'm sure someone knows what I'm talking about and will get you a nice link :)

PhilB66:
Filenanny maybe?

AndyM:
all selected files were moved the directory above.
-pongosnodgrass (September 18, 2008, 05:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

just drag the selected files to the parent folder, or any other folder, in the folder pane.  instant copy.

skrommel:
 :) I've started using ExtractNow from www.extractnow.com and plan to never extract a single archive manually again! Download and donate!

Skrommel

Features
- Supports ZIP, RAR, ISO, BIN, IMG, IMA, IMZ, 7Z, ACE, JAR, GZ, LZH, LHA, TAR, SIT archive formats
- Drag and drop files or folders from Windows Explorer to extract them
- Simple user interface and sleek design in a small package
- Recursively search through folders for archives (Just drag and drop them)
- Delete files or close program after extraction options
- Windows explorer file associations for all supported archive types
- Extract files into current directory, named folder, or favorite folder of choice
- System tray icon on Minimize and Always on top features
- Integrates with Windows Explorer via special context menu items

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version