ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

'fit to witdth' feature in opera: any way to replicate it on Firefox?

<< < (2/2)

cmpm:
Have you tried No Squint?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?q=No+Squint

The key here is to adjust the image setting smaller.
And I can still have my text larger.
Then the page fits my screen and I can read it.
-Image includes the entire design of the site-
In most cases, I should say.

There are two ways of adjusting the page.
And remembers the settings for each page after it's set.
As well as a default setting in general.
It may do what you need.

mwang:
mwang:
no it doesn't. It scales down the fonts (!). It's stupid, it goes from unreadable because of long lines to unreadable because of small fonts.

What opera does is to 'force wrap'. It's a really smart idea. Try it.
This is particularly important if you use portrait screens.-urlwolf (December 31, 2008, 12:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Got it. I mainly use Default FullZoom Level to enlarge pages with a default width too narrow for me, not the other way round. (I don't use portrait screen.) Thanks for clarifying it, though.

Paul Keith:
I second No Squint. I haven't tried it in portrait mode because I don't have that kind of a monitor but for general usage it should function like a much improved but much more annoying fit to width + edit site prefence kind of firefox add-on.

tomos:
... a much improved but much more annoying ...
-Paul Keith (January 06, 2009, 07:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
is there a typo in there Paul  :tellme: :) (or maybe it is both?)

Paul Keith:
Lol, sorry. It's both. It's much improved because when fit to width doesn't work, it messes up the page. No way around it. On the other hand, No Squint bypasses this because it allows you to set the text and page zoom separately so it's much better but you have to set it up correctly for all the sites you visit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version